Senior Data Engineer
Merkle|Sokrati is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency and the largest independent agency in the US for CRM, digital, and search. For more than 28 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, Geico, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen, and many others to build and execute customer centric business strategies.
We are looking for exceptional candidates to join our growing Data Engineering team at Merkle|Sokrati to focus on delivering solutions to clients. Successful candidates will understand modern data platform architecture and have solved complex technical problems to deliver to clients’ requirements. You will be a competent team player, developing simple and straightforward solutions that are scalable, utilizing appropriate technologies and engineering best practices.
Under the direction of a Solutions Architect, the postholder will
- Design great data solutions for our clients
- Work closely with local leadership as well as our global teams, bringing their key industry and product expertise and knowledge, to shape and deliver client solutions.
- Support our Data Scientists and Analytical Consultants working on projects
- Provide technical expertise and consultancy to clients to help them understand the power of big data analytics for their organization
You will have a deep understanding of distributed computing, data and application architectures, basic networking, security, and infrastructure with a strength in writing great code to produce production-strength data pipelines and scalable systems. A knowledge of Big Data with a focus on data engineering; optimising data, pipelines, ETLs, data modelling and analytical tools are a plus.
- Implementation of Data Lake patterns across either Azure, AWS or GCP
- Experience of Spark, Scala or similar technologies
- Excellent knowledge of Unix scripting and R, Python, Java
- A strong understanding of data modelling, data structures, databases, and data ingestion and transformation
- Dev Ops such as Continuous Integration, Automation, Infrastructures as Code, Cloudformation and Teraform
- CI / CD experience within ETL / data transformation environment
- Cross functional team work internally and with external clients
- Strong project Management and organisation skills
- Proficiency working in an Agile environment