Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Merkle’s combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, Merkle joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
location: WA, OR, CA preferred but will consider anywhere in US.
The role will revolve around the application of analytic techniques to drive and enhance clients’ marketing performance across multiple channels. The Analytics Manager will be responsible for ensuring timely delivery of data, analytics and strategic consulting to support clients’ marketing initiatives. The Manager will participate in creating and articulating relevant solutions for clients and owning quality assurance on all deliverables.
To succeed in this role, the Manager is expected to demonstrate strategic thinking, logical reasoning, strong communication and presentation skills, outstanding analytic skills, and the ability to resolve complex issues.
- Execute a wide variety of analytics projects including customer profiling, lifecycle analysis, campaign test design and analysis, dashboard reporting, market basket analysis, product recommendations, and customer segmentation
- Extract and process large quantities of data from data warehouses and other data marts in support of assignments
- Analyze marketing metrics to identify cause-effect relationships between marketing levers and outcomes
- Data mining and analysis, including the ability to independently QA database information and help drive database enhancements via communication and requirements documentation for technology teams
- Develop test designs to support one-time and longitudinal test plans
- Develop, write, and present strategic recommendations that directly address client’s toughest questions
- Turn complex data into practical and actionable marketing insights
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to identify new marketing opportunities for the client
- Manage projects tasks, timelines, and deliverables
- Mentor junior analysts and contribute to their career development
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required
- Proficiency with multiple analytics tools required (SAS, SQL, Python, etc.); SQL and Python strongly preferred
- Understanding of relational databases and transactional data required
- Experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services) is preferred
- Hands-on experience with BI or digital analytics tools (Tableau, Adobe analytics, Google analytics, DMP insight tools) preferred; Tableau strongly preferred
- Must have experience with statistical concepts and applying statistical techniques such as regression, cluster analysis, and experimental design
- Ability to discover hidden insights or complex patterns through advanced multi-variate data mining techniques on un-structured business problems
- Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) or equivalent in statistics, math, economics or related scientific/quantitative field required; Advanced degree (M.A., M.S., Ph.D.) preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in quantitative marketing arena
- Analytics experience in the retail industry strongly preferred
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere. This role is eligible for visa sponsorship
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.