Vice President, Media Strategy
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Vice President, Media Services will be responsible for successfully leading a strategic, integrated media account for a key client.
This leadership role requires deep digital subject matter expertise, team leadership experience and strong client management and operational skills. Executive-level client management and presentation skills are a critical competency in this role. This position reports to the SVP, Media Services.
- Oversee media delivery team and ensure a best in class work product supporting Merkle’s People-Based Media value proposition.
- Understand client goals and objectives, outlining a strategic vision to achieve them while helping the team to translate those into actions.
- Communicate and escalate as needed to protect the account and revenue. Identify growth opportunities and help support activities to secure this growth.
- Maintain balance between client relationship and account financials. Ensuring profitability of account while at same time driving client satisfaction.
- Manage through adversity, keeping team motivated and moving in the right direction.
- Support SVP Media Services in recruiting, hiring, and career-pathing of next-generation media leaders.
- Manage and mentor the team to further develop their skills and create growth opportunities for them. Be a hands-on Career Advocate, providing thoughtful and frequent feedback – both positive and constructive.
- Act as Digital Media SME and contribute to product and capability development, as well as overall value proposition for the department
- 15+ years of experience in digital media agencies, with a focus on media planning & buying
- Experience managing teams of minimum 10-20+ individuals in multiple locations
- Data driven, performance media experience is required
- Programmatic, SEM, paid social, and direct publisher planning and buying experience required.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, desire to "change the game", a self-starter, and thinks outside of the box
- Works effectively in a fast-paced, energetic team environment
- Willingness to travel 10-20%
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.