Senior Business Analyst
Merkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency and the largest independent agency in the US for CRM, digital, and search. For more than 28 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, Geico, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen, and many others to build and execute customer-centric business strategies.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst is the key liaison between a high profile client and the Merkle Technology Teams. This is a highly visible position, as the Senior Business Analyst elicits and drives requirements and initiatives at multiple levels of detail for a Merkle client(s). The Senior Business Systems Analyst should have a strong attention to detail and is entrusted with accurately documenting requirements and acceptance criteria for a project.
- Interface with the client and multi-disciplinary teams within Merkle (Business Intelligence, Information Technology, Database and Data Warehouse Developers, Project Managers) to support the solution delivery process
- Synthesize complex and contradictory information into concise, readable, unambiguous written requirements at multiple levels of detail
- Take primary ownership for written requirements specifications, from initial creation, through change management and solution delivery
- Take direction from Project Management regarding schedule, scope, and cost tradeoffs
- Assist with the delivery of the system into production by designing and supporting the formal client acceptance process, according to Merkle’s defined standards
- Accurately document requirements and acceptance criteria for a Merkle Marketing solutions
- Perform analysis of new data for inclusion in a marketing database, and ad-hoc analysis of data in the database to support the requirements process
- Qualified individuals possess the Merkle attributes of being smart, curious, committed to vision, passionate, fun/pleasant, an achiever and having a sense of urgency.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 3+ years experience with writing detailed requirements specifications for IT solution delivery with a significant database component or database focus - consisting of at least 100 distinct enumerated requirements
- 3+ years experience as a business requirements analyst with full lifecycle software implementations (SDLC) involving large databases
- Experience with test planning and use cases
- Skilled with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio
- SQL experience to conduct basic data analysis
- Willingness to travel when necessary-Can be up to 25%
- Ability to thrive in a complex environment and rapidly master complex data structures
- Exhibits intense curiosity, to dig beneath the superficial and identify facts
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.