Senior HR Generalist
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Senior HR Generalist plays a critical role at Merkle. This individual is the primary contact for employee and employment related issues. Beginning with recruiting assistance and onboarding and by remaining connected throughout the entire employment cycle, this individual helps our employees understand Merkle's policies and processes, provides guidance to supervisors and staff on career development and fosters a sense of community within the company. The Senior HR Generalist also works closely with the HR Business Partner to engage regularly with business leaders and lead various people projects and initiatives.
· Assist with implementation and lead the coordination of Human Resources processes (e.g. annual and midyear promotions, annual performance management, compensation and salary administration) according to geographic/entity guidelines. Lead the collection and compilation process within specific departments or teams.
· Receive and respond to inbound employee relations inquiries – researching necessary information, arranging for additional resources to help resolve the issues.
· Champion employment policies and practices
· Support career advocates and supervisors in the career development of all assigned employees by providing guidance on career plans, coaching, and advising/approving required and elective training appropriate for their development.
· Support on-going performance feedback processes by providing regular guidance and training on delivering and receiving feedback, contributing to and reviewing formal input, discussing employee issues, and supporting the implementation and resolution of performance improvement plans.
· Serve as an escalation point for personnel and employee relations issues and provide guidance and intervention, as needed, to resolve personnel issues. Execute HR investigations when appropriate.
· Serve as a contact and consultant for business leaders to confer about people related questions.
· Manage personnel changes from initial request through approval and implementation (location transfers, entity transfers, workforce transfers, other personnel transactions)
· Attend and contribute to regular meetings with senior business leaders; conduct meetings in absence of HR Business Partner when needed.
· Prepare and maintain reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
· Ensure corporate compliance with applicable Federal, State, and Local employment laws.
· Support the HR Business Partners with HR projects and initiatives. Own initiatives on a case-by-case basis, with accountability to the HR Business Partner.
· Propose and contribute to process improvement initiatives; create and communicate new processes when applicable
· Engage with HR and business personnel in Global Delivery Centers to assist in managing HR process globally.
· Other projects as assigned.
· Some evening and weekend work will be required. Occasional travel may be required.
· 5+ years’ business experience, with 3 + years’ experience in HR
· Knowledge in HR policies and procedures
· Understanding of HR best practices and current regulations
· Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
· Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and high volume of tasks and interactions
· Strong sense of personal accountability and ownership in work
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple ongoing initiatives at once, coordinating among multiple groups and stakeholders
· Excellent project management skills, and ability to plan, execute, communicate, report, and conclude initiatives.
· Familiarity with MS Office suite
· Intermediate skills with MS Excel - Ability to consolidate, manipulate and analyze data using formulas and functions such as vlookup, pivot table, etc.
· Excellent communication skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels of leadership
· Ability to diffuse tense situations
· Collaborative and team-oriented approach.
· Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to provide honest and direct feedback in a constructive manner
· Absolute commitment to quality and accuracy in work; meticulous attention to detail
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.