HelloWorld is a digital marketing solutions company working with the world’s leading brands. We build promotional campaigns to spark interest, loyalty programs to retain and reward, and mobile messaging platforms to continue the conversation. Our technology is behind global campaigns for clients such as Coca-Cola, Samsung, Johnson & Johnson, and Starbucks.
What's even better? Merkle recently acquired HelloWorld! Joining forces creates a true industry leader in people-based marketing, enabling expanded capability in promotional and loyalty solutions, CRM, digital customer experience, and strategy.
The Director, Software Engineering has a proven track record of success developing, managing and delivering web technologies and products. They lead, manage and grow the engineering team that is responsible for the promotions platform, a comprehensive solution including not only promotion deployment but the internal tools to support promotion development, customization, and analytics as well as new product development.
Description & Responsibilities:
- Innovate, scale and manage our existing promotions and loyalty platforms.
- Have a capacity for developing a deep understanding of our platform’s inner workings and be able to translate that understanding into directed action.
- Lead an engineering team, optimize their operations, act as evangelist for their success, and execute recruitment strategies.
- Advocate for our client’s technical needs in a client-facing capacity. Help architect solutions to their integration needs to our software.
- Partner with product management and business to develop the product scope, features and timeline for development solutions that are based on business needs and market opportunity.
- Assist the recruitment efforts of world-class engineers
- Education: Bachelor's degree preferred
- 6+ years engineering experience with a proven track record as an engineer building scalable publicly facing web applications preferably in start-up environments or early stage companies
- People management skills, with experience managing groups of 5+ engineers in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong collaboration experience, ty to work with Product Managers, Sales, Engineering, and Clients
- Partner with business units at all stages of the product life-cycle.
- Experience conducting code reviews; leading technical discussions, designing/architecting solutions.
- In-depth, hands on, and demonstratable knowledge of one or more of the following technologies, with the capacity and willingness to learn others.
- Linux, Java, Spring, Apache, Tomcat, AEM and other Adobe Marketing platforms, React, Node.js, Vue.js.
- Demonstrated success working in and promoting a rapidly changing, collaborative, and iterative product development environment.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to facilitate communication within and between engineering teams.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
HelloWorld is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons. HelloWorld recruits, employs, evaluates, and considers for promotion employees without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, age, marital status, height, weight, medical condition or physical handicap or disability, or any other legally protected class, all as required by local, state, and/or federal law.
FLSA Status: Exempt