Analytics - Senior Manager-Predictive Analytics
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Senior Manager is responsible for ensuring timely delivery of data, analytics (marketing insights) and strategic consulting to support the client's performance marketing objectives. They will provide direction and manage the work processes and output of a team of marketing analysts, statisticians and/or data scientists. The Sr. Manager will develop strategies to implement the objectives of the organization and guide others in linking their activities to those goals. They will evaluate client needs for quantitative analysis, participate in creating and articulating relevant solutions for clients, and develop methods or processes for implementation. They will then oversee the delivery of that work to ensure it is completed on time, with high quality, and communicated in a way that resonates with the client.
The successful Senior Manager will consult with the client to identify client business problems, clarify analytic objectives, establish analytics priorities, create practical analytic roadmaps, identify data needs and formulate data solutions, drive and execute analysis, package and present insights to stake holders, and finally, help implement recommended solutions with a goal to achieve clients’ business objectives.
- Collaborate closely with the Audience Analytics, Data Sciences, and Experience Analytics teams to formulate industry-best-practice analytic solutions and directly contribute to a variety of validation activities such as model design, execution and assessment; data review; and campaign/marketing performance evaluation.
- Manage the workstream of a four person analytics team on all analytical deliveries.
- Design, plan, oversee and execute predictive modeling projects, campaign/audience targeting.
- Coordinate with subject matter experts in experience/site analytics to deliver integrated projects and insights covering end-to-end consumer behavior.
- Define a comprehensive measurement framework, develop effective reporting and dashboards with an objective to evaluate marketing performance and provide recommendations for enhancement
- Work cross-functionally throughout the organization to implement client solution recommendations; manage team and project tasks, timelines and deliverables (on time and accurately)
- Anticipate project risk and constraints and proactively work on solutions to address the risk/constraints
- Lead a team to complete complex analytical projects end to end
- Identify and develop best practices, case studies, training class materials, and/or whitepapers/blog posts
- Package selected interim and final deliverables for later re-use by other Merkle teams, including rationale for why options/tactics were chosen (i.e., provides metadata for the documents)
- Manage and mentor junior analysts contributing to their technical and career development
- Candidate will be based in Merkle’s NYC office with frequent visits to the client site, also in NYC.
Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) or equivalent in statistics, math, economics or related scientific/quantitative field plus several years' experience in applied disciplines; Advanced degree (M.A., MBA, M.S., Ph.D.) preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in quantitative marketing arena, in database and/or digital (addressable) marketing
-Experience in campaign management tool preferred.
-Strong in MS Office core suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required: Access, Visio; recommended: One Note
- Working knowledge of database systems
- Proficiency with multiple analytics tools and programming languages required; SQL, Python, and R preferred
- Strong hands-on experience with BI or digital analytics tools such as Tableau; Micro strategy, Adobe analytics, Google analytics, or DMP insight tools
-Minimum of 1 year performing analytic functions in the retail vertical including predictive modeling, ad hoc reporting, campaign planning and analysis, etc.
- Possess client/team engagement competencies such as gather specifications, develop analytical roadmap and approach and manage expectations, and coordinate delivery with internal team
- Experience managing and mentoring 1-3 people (including geographically dispersed)
- Able to own quality control and QA for their team’s deliverables
- Experience presenting and working directly with clients
- Contribute to innovation, process improvement, standardization
- Deliver high-quality analytical solutions on time
- Develop project plan (work plan); manage individual/team day-to-day tasks; meet project deadlines
- Work effectively across teams to ensure client satisfaction
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.