Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 4,400+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Project Management - Manager will have overall responsibility for implementation and delivery of best-of-breed technology enabled marketing solutions. This qualified individual will be the customer’s primary point of contact and will ensure appropriate communication amongst the entire project team and stakeholders.
The PM is responsible for facilitating workflow as it relates to marketing campaign platform implementation, campaign coordination, data management, custom web applications, and various marketing projects. This person will possess an understanding of the customer’s business and marketing requirements and lead the implementation team, develop and manage the project scope, manage project plans and schedules, handle resource scheduling and tracking, develop and maintain status documents and ensure that the quality of deliverables are met on time and within established budget.
- Structure and manage a campaign platform integration project timeline, and track deliverables efficiently and effectively
- Managing the day-to-day progress of the project, from planning through deployment
- Ensuring that the project is managed in accordance with the approved Merkle Service Delivery Methodologies and utilizing existing assets and best practices
- Partner with client and third-party project managers to maintain integrated project timeline
- Regular status reporting, issues management, and risk management for the project
- Securing the right skilled resources, at the right time, and then rolling them off when scheduled
- Managing project financial including reporting actuals and providing accurate forecast
- Managing the project's vendor relationships, budget, timing, scope and deliverables
- Managing project scope. This includes identification, assessment, and communication of changes to scope or project assumptions
- Managing project risks and issues with the associated action plans and mitigation strategies
- Strong customer service orientation; consistently meet internal and external client commitments; demonstrated desire to exceed expectations
- Effective communication skills; ability to simplify and structure complex concepts to streamline interactions and highlight key points
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Effective presentation skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving, planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated decision-making ability and desire to lead
- Ability to manage, delegate and use resources effectively
- Proven conflict management and resolution skills
- Experiencein a hands-on functional role involving any of the following: development, business analysis, data and campaign quality assurance, campaign integration and replatform
- Experience with:
- Email best practices including implementation, QA, and compliance
- Campaign platform architecture, infrastructure and best practices
- 5+ years of experience managing campaign and database development, customer data management, application development projects using Agile and iterative methodologies.
- Understanding of Marketing concepts and platforms is a must
- Skilled with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project
- Experience working with teams ranging from 5-10 people
- Bachelor's degree four-year college or university, preferably in Marketing, Business or related field
- Ability to adapt to various conditions and situations; ability to tolerate stressful situations and remain focused under pressure
- Ability to thrive in a complex environment consisting of geographically dispersed and highly matrixed teams
- Ability to effectively and confidently interact with senior level resources both internally and with the client to ensure desired outcomes
- Qualified individuals possess the Merkle attributes of being smart, curious, committed to vision, passionate, fun/pleasant, an achiever and having a sense of urgency
- Willingness to travel when necessary - up to 25%
- Strong client management skills; manage through challenging situations resulting in positive outcomes for Clients and Merkle
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.