Marketing Communications Specialist
Merkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with world-class brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, GEICO, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Habitat for Humanity, and many others to build and execute customer-centric business strategies. With more than 9,000 smart, dedicated people in more than 50 offices around the world, we are still growing at a rate that outpaces the market, with 2018 net revenue of $846million.
The Marketing Communications Specialist will support Merkle’s content development initiatives. The specialist will serve primarily as a copy editor for thought leadership, collateral, and other external and internal communications that serve to build awareness and amplify the Merkle brand, driving engagement with Merkle clients and prospective clients. The Marketing Communications Specialist will work on a variety of client-facing projects that span multiple online and offline marketing media and channels, including print, email, web, social, PR, and events.
- Gain a clear understanding of company’s business objectives and key client objectives.
- Write and/or edit marketing content for print and digital. This includes the creation of executive summaries, white papers, case studies, newsletters, industry media articles, press releases, emails, presentations, and other communication vehicles.
- Write/edit content for Merkle’s website, blogs, and landing pages.
- Write/edit promotional video scripts for business unit and vertical leaders.
- Support Merkle’s social media efforts, teaming with social media manager as needed on scripting for LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Support sales enablement initiatives, collaborating on the development of support materials for the Merkle brand, capabilities, and vertical market teams.
- Monitor and analyze customer feedback, sales, and marketing engagement results in order to optimize content over time.
- Provide consultation as needed to business units and verticals for marketing communications.
- Collaborate/consult with business units and industry solution practices to develop content that is relevant to each area of the business, while maintaining corporate voice.
- Develop and follow an editorial schedule for content development.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Advertising/Marketing, or other communications field.
- 3+ years of relevant business writing/editorial experience and knowledge of direct and interactive marketing concepts and capabilities.
- Meticulous attention to language, grammar, and error-free execution.
- Must have experience writing and editing online and offline in a B2B environment.
- Journalism experience is desired.
- Ability to gather pertinent information utilizing superior research skills and collaboration with subject matter experts.
- Ability to communicate complicated marketing messages in a simpler easier to read style.
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects simultaneously, with a proactive nature and an ability to work independently in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Deadline driven with superior project management skills.
- Experience with the development of marketing collateral, website content, thought leadership, and other communication vehicles.
- Experience working with social media to communicate corporate messaging and events.
- Ability to work well with colleagues from multiple functional areas, with different personalities, and at all levels of the organization, including executive management.
- Microsoft Office skills and aptitude for developing other computer skills, such as website content management systems, online sharing tools, etc.
- Applicants will be required to submit an electronic portfolio of writing samples.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.