Senior Associate, Media Analytics
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Performance Analytics Senior Associate will use knowledge in quantitative marketing and an understanding of business processes to deliver insights and recommendations as they relate to our client’s business needs.
Perform analytics tasks, including but not limited to:
- Predictive statistical models
- Customer profiling
- Segmentation Analysis
- Test Design and Analysis
- Data Analysis and Mining
- Assists in determining quantitative methods for solving client issues
- Assist in presenting ideas and findings to existing clients
- Proactive and effective interaction with other internal groups throughout Merkle
- Assist in evaluation and improvement of internal tools and processes
Key Skills and Experience :
- Strong presentation skills required (PowerPoint)
- Very strong Excel skills required (VBA not necessary)
- Experience with Python and/or R required
- Experience with SQL required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to discover hidden insights through advanced multi-variate data mining techniques on un-structured business problems
- Ability to execute advanced analytic tasks (including but not limited to modeling, segmentation, DOE, forecasting, etc.) and create meaningful analytical outputs
- Ability to identify areas for process improvement, do independent research, develop innovative approaches or processes/codes to 1) improve client business results, 2) improve efficiencies, 3) reduce potential errors
- Ability to create robust analytics solutions to optimize digital marketing
- Experience using Google Marketing Platform services (Google Analytics, SearchAds 360, DV360, Campaign Manager)
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau, PowerBI or Datastudio
- 2-3 years of experience applying statistical techniques such as regression, ANOVA, cluster analysis, factor analysis, time series forecasting, experimental and design, etc. to solve business problems
- 2-3 years of experience in quantitative marketing arena, in database and/or digital (addressable) marketing, including strong understanding of relational database concepts and direct marketing concepts
- Possess core analytical competencies such as ability to formulate an analytical problem; QC data and results; summarize key findings/insights
- Understanding of digital data including the systems and processes used to generate and manipulate it by media type web, ad, email, mobile, etc.
- Contribute to innovation, process improvement, standardization
- Deliver high quality analytical solutions on-time
- Work effectively across teams to ensure client satisfaction
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics or related field required; advanced degree preferred
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.