Merkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency. For nearly 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with world-class brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, GEICO, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen, and many others to build and execute customer-centric business strategies. With more than 7,000 smart, dedicated people in more than 50 offices around the world, we are still growing at a rate that outpaces the market, with 2017 net revenue of $630 million. In 2016, Merkle joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
- Ensure high reliability and availability for production systems, including upgrade and release processes and incident handling.
- Mange and deploy internal and external monitoring solutions for maintaining high availability for production systems.
- Be responsible for troubleshooting cloud infrastructure, systems, network, and application stacks.
- Perform on-call duty as part of a team maintaining the availability and performance of our cloud infrastructure as well as the various internal services and systems that these core services depend on.
- Develop effective tooling, alerts, and response to bot identify and address reliability risks.
- Work with fellow operations engineers and development teams on complex problems, and make decisions or recommendations about systems improvements after analyzing possible action choices.
- Define and evangelize cloud-related optimizations and best practices to improve reliability and performance.
- More than three years working experience;
- Cloud engineering experience;
- Strong working knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu/CentOS) systems and applications including Tomcat, Java, Apache, Nginx, Passenger, ElasticSearch;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a relevant field;
- Ability to work independently, strong interpersonal and communications skills;
- Grasp spoken/written English Level;
- Experience with Chef is a big plus.
- Experience with containers (Docker) is a plus.
- Experience with big data systems and/or database administration (e.g. MySQL, Mongo DB);
- Experience with programming (Ruby on rails, Node, Vue);