Marketing Technology Team Lead
We are Merkle, a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. In addition to being recognised for our ‘people-based marketing’, we are proud of our growing and dedicated teams of software engineers working on dynamic projects and delivering quality work to our clients.
Our head office is in Columbia, Maryland and our expansion in Europe started in 2015 with the acquisition of three European companies: Persicopix, DBG and Comet. In 2016, we joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in Europe; we have made several new acquisitions, secured new premises in London and have attracted renowned experts to diversify our offering. One such offering includes a rapidly expanding department dedicated to software development, Agile practices and engineering innovations, ensuring that Merkle provides its clients with a variety of services.
It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Marketing Technology Team Lead to join our renowned Managed Service team to help support a growing campaign client list. As a Marketing Technology Team Lead, you will provide campaign build and execution leadership, operational excellence and best practice campaign consultancy. This role provides an existing Marketing Technology Team Lead or Senior Campaign Consultant a chance to take on a more varied role and to work directly with our clients and client teams to lead our best in class delivery and campaign automation practice.
Your advanced knowledge of process and project management, marketing technology, leadership skills, and confidence in client management and meetings will make this a rewarding time.
Life as a Marketing Technology Team Lead at Merkle
Your team works with client brands to deliver insight driven relationship-marketing programmes, specifically campaigns using Adobe Campaign, IBM Unica/WCA and Salesforce. It offers an excellent opportunity for the right individual to build excellent knowledge and understanding of CRM programmes.
As a Marketing Technology Team Lead, you will offer support to clients in the following remit:
- Leading weekly and monthly client planning and status meeting
- Accountable for the triaging and acceptance of client briefs
- Responsible for the work allocation; planning, coordinating and distribute tasks amongst the team
- Ensuring campaign build processes are optimised through continuous improvement to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of campaign builds
- Ensure on-time campaign delivery as per client expectations, with detailed tracking to provide transparency around campaign status
- Report on campaign production and SLA KPIs
- Expectation management flagging to stakeholder any issues that could negatively impact delivery
- Point of escalation for the team, managing issues and participating in retrospectives and feedback sessions
- Onboards new starters to ensure that we provide consistent levels of high-quality resources to meet the contractual requirements
- Responsible for team governance and control; with the highest levels of quality assurance and maintenance of supporting documentation
- Team management and motivation
- Supporting client lead develop client growth
- Build up your best practice consultancy skills by reading industry news, learning about optimisation techniques and following changes to data protection laws, etc.
What we are looking for in you
- Project Management experience, with excellent organisational skills to deliver against required deadlines
- Good team management skills, leading by example, with the ability to work collaboratively and flexibly
- Excellent attention to detail and appreciation of need to follow process and treat data securely
- Excellent written/verbal communication and time management skills
- Experience of managing complex multi-channel, multi-wave data driven campaigns in a client or agency environment is preferable
- Good understanding of relational data and database marketing; knowledge of manipulating, segmenting and selecting data through a campaign automation tool; and campaign reporting.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Spanish/English in house lessons
- Career development though Merkle University, Lynda and Skillsoft
- Free life insurance
- Free health insurance
- Salary exchange scheme (restaurants, public transport and child daycare center)
- Young, creative, and dynamic teams
- Opportunity for personal growth and professional training development
- Great friendly and international environment
- A company in constant evolution and with growth plans
- A strong after-work culture
- Free tea, coffee, fruit, cookies