Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Dev-Ops Associate develops, tests, automates and supports the operations of multi-terabyte marketing database solutions which integrate and activate customer data. The qualified candidate will be immersed in the development, monitoring, business-as-usual operations, and maintenance of one or more database solutions using technologies like Microsoft Azure/SQL Server, Amazon RedShift or Google BigQuery.
- Responsible for 100% accurate and on time delivery under tight deadlines
- Interacts with clients, vendors, and internal team members to ensure timely delivery and processing of data feeds, successful job execution, and issue escalation
- Creates clear/precise detailed job instructions and drives process improvements
- Translate functional requirements into technical solutions
- Develop, test, automate and support SQL Stored Procedures/Scripts on modern technologies (for example: Microsoft SQL Server/Azure, Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery)
- Develop, test and support ETL workflows in Microsoft SSIS, Informatica, Matillion
- Ability to build and execute scheduled tasks using the job scheduler system
- On-call support of critical processing
- Troubleshoot file transmission problems including engaging client/vendors to resolve issues
- Troubleshoot data loading, processing and QC/validation issues
- Review operational reports to ensure high quality results
- Knowing when and how to perform additional QC/validation steps
- Provide release management oversight, including verification of backup plans, sufficient testing, and movement of code into test & prod environments
- Manage JIRA tickets
- Write and maintain technical and operational documentation
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position.
- Practical application of relational database and data warehousing concepts
- Practical application of file management concepts (sftp, encryption/decryption)
- Solid understanding of the SQL language (for example: T-SQL, BigQuery)
- Solid understanding of ETL concepts (for example: Microsoft SSIS, Informatica, Matillion)
- Practical application of job scheduling tools (Cisco Tidal)
- Knowledge of development methodologies and tools
- Possess a sense of urgency, follow-through, self-initiative, curiosity
- Organized, detail oriented
- Ability to work independently or in a team
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Computer Science or equivalent
- Relational and Dimensional Data Modeling
- Linux environment experience
- Tidal or similar automation tool
- MS Office Excel (basic use and creation of simple graphs)
- Scripting, for example: bash, python
- Strong written and oral communication skills
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.