Paid Search (SEM) Analyst
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Search Engine Marketing (SEM) refers to ads placed on search engines, like Google or Bing, that appear in response to a user’s search terms. This includes text ads (Paid Search) and product listing ads (Feeds Management). Companies are increasingly relying on this type of advertising and SEM has seen continued growth, proving to be an invaluable tactic for companies to get their brand in front of a primed audience and, ultimately, their customers. SEM Analysts at Merkle maintain outstanding relations with these companies, our clients, and work closely with them to develop efficient SEM strategies through ongoing reporting, analysis and optimization. Using your analytical prowess and problem-solving skills within SEM, you will drive direct and substantial impact on clients’ business growth.
- Perform keyword research, write ad copy, optimize and manipulate product feeds, develop search traffic estimates, segment keywords into campaign structures and align them based on business goals, and utilize creative marketing skills to contribute to the idea generation for new market tests
- Conduct research (industry, client, competitive, etc.), create presentations, and provide regular communication to clients (written and verbal)
- Perform frequent data manipulation and interpretation exercises, with Excel and proprietary tools
- Self-manage execution of activities against deadlines across multiple work-streams
- Complete activities according to best practices, standard operations procedures, and team member guidance, consistently meeting quality standards, utilizing ethical approach and striving to add value in each activity
- Active monitoring and sharing of industry news, online marketing trends, industry tools, and internal cross-team key learnings
- Day to day engagement, collaboration, and partnering with internal teams, search engine partners, and client teams will be required
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative, marketing, or related discipline preferred with strong grades both in their major and overall
- Must have a strong grasp of numbers and be comfortable with quantitative analysis and simple statistics
- Well-versed in the core MS Office suite programs and an intermediate to advanced user of Excel including the ability to use formulas, functions, and pivot tables
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone; write clear emails and memos; be friendly, cheerful, and patient; and enjoy explaining complicated concepts to others
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize responsibilities and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Keen problem-solving and trouble-shooting abilities; high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Occasional travel required (5%) typically for client QBRs
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position.
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.