SEM Analyst - Japanese
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. When combined with its strength in performance creative and media, Merkle creates customer experiences that drive improved marketing results and shareholder value. With more than 8,000 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland with 50+ additional offices in the US, Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
This role is an junior-level position with a variety of Search production responsibilities. In this role, you will be responsible for high quality execution of Paid Search activities, all contributing to the successful management of our client’s business objectives. Besides, this role will also serve as an analyst in organic search for the market in Thailand. It is dynamic, in that you will work across multiple work-streams, client rosters, and Search tasks.
The position requires familiarity with Search Marketing (SEM and SEO) and a core set of skills for success, specifically Excel mastery, project and time management, proactive communication, self-drive to learn, written and verbal English skills, and desire to learn and grow within the digital marketing space.
In this position, the individual will have an opportunity to expand their digital marketing skill set through a 12-18 months rotation across multiple digital marketing channels, including Display and Social.
· Specific Search tasks will include, but not be limited to: performing keyword research, writing ad copy, developing search traffic estimates, segmenting keywords into campaign structures and aligning them based on business goals, optimizing content, performing SEO site analysis, performing linking research, and contributing to the technical consulting needs of our client’s program
· General Business tasks will include, but not be limited to: research (industry, client, competitive, etc.); campaign analysis; time/task management; project management; prioritization of activities to meet deadlines
· Perform frequent data manipulation and interpretation exercises, with Excel and proprietary tools; Experience with Excel is critical, in that you will frequently utilize various formulas and shortcuts to perform a variety of spreadsheet tasks with large and disparate data sets
· Self manage execution of activities against deadlines across multiple work-streams; Provide proactive communication and effective time management skills
· Complete activities according to best practices, standard operations procedures, and team member guidance, consistently meeting high quality standards and striving to add value in each activity
· Day to day engagement, collaboration, and partnering with internal teams will be required
· Active monitoring and sharing of industry news, on-line marketing trends, industry tools, and internal cross-team key learnings
· 1-3 years of relevant business experience.
· Fluent in Japanese and English, both verbal and written; strong skills are required
· B.A./B.S. degree required; Marketing, Business, Information Sciences, and Economics preferred
· Previous experience in Yahoo Japan paid search operations
· Mastery of Excel, including extensive data manipulation, along with tactical execution including: pivot tables, V/H Look-ups, concatenation, macros, etc.
· Intellectually curious and eager to learn through self-education, as well as structured training classes
· Self-management of time, able to meet deadlines in time sensitive environment
· High degree of personal accountability and attention to detail
· Commitment to constant learning, knowledge sharing, collaboration, and idea generation
· Desire to work in dynamic, time intensive environments where consistent fire drills and competing priorities are commonplace
Energetic, organized, highly motivated, and a fast learner