Analytics Manager- Site Analytics
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network
The Analytics Manager ensures timely delivery of data, analytics and strategic consulting to support the client’s website and app marketing initiatives. Provides direction and manages the work processes and output of digital and website marketing analysts. Evaluates client needs for quantitative analysis. Participates in creating and articulating relevant solutions for clients and in developing methods or processes for implementation. Leverages knowledge of statistical modeling techniques to provide suggestions or guidance to teams under their oversight. Provides direction on optimization opportunities and manages ROI workbooks.
Perform tasks, including but not limited to:
- Develop analytical solutions to client business problems
- Analyze and pull data or implement analytical solutions
- Work effectively across teams to ensure client satisfaction
- Deliver constructive feedback to employees and hold difficult conversations with direct reports
- Develop project plan, program plan, contribute to overall roadmap, manage individual/team day-to-day tasks, meet project deadlines
- Manages and mentor’s junior analysts, contributing to their technical and career development
- Demonstrate thought leadership
- Presents ideas and findings to clients
- Contribute innovation, process improvement, standardization
- Deliver high-quality analytical solutions on time
- Other duties as assigned
SME in the following techniques:
- Predictive statistical models
- Segmentation Analysis
- Campaign Analysis
- Data Analysis and Mining
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required
- Experience managing 2+ employees desired
- Very strong Excel skills required (VBA not necessary)
- Experience with SAS, SQL, logistic regression, multiple regression required
- Experience with applying statistical techniques such as regression, ANOVA, cluster analysis, factor analysis, time series forecasting, experimental and design, etc. that solved business problems
-Experience with website analytics required (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, etc...)
- Experience with campaign analytics preferred (Campaign Manager, Google Ads, etc...)
- Possess core analytical competencies such as ability to formulate an analytical problem; QC data and results; summarize key findings/insights and make actionable recommendations, then develop new and innovative analytical solutions to solve challenging business problems
- Possess core marketing skills and an understanding of digital marketing data including the systems and processes used to generate and manipulate it by media types like: web, ad, email, mobile, etc.
- Possess client/team engagement competencies such as gather specifications, develop analytical roadmap, approach and manage expectations, and coordinate delivery with internal team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation skills required (PowerPoint)
- Preference for Adobe Analytics and other Adobe Marketing Cloud skills
Minimum of 6 years’ experience in quantitative marketing arena, including strong understanding of website analytics and digital marketing concept beyond the website like display, search, and social etc...
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) or equivalent in statistics, math, economics or related scientific/quantitative field plus several years' experience in applied disciplines; advanced degree (M.A., M.S., Ph.D.) preferred.
- You have a curious nature and consistently punch above your weight.
- Your ability to discover hidden insights through advanced multi-variate data mining techniques on un-structured business problems makes you an intricate part of our growing analytics team.
- An ability to execute advanced analytic tasks (including but not limited to modeling, segmentation, forecasting, etc.) and create meaningful analytical outputs, generates rave reviews and positive ROI for our clients.
- You have a keen eye and ability to identify areas for process improvement, do independent research, develop innovative approaches or processes/codes to 1) improve client business results, 2) improve efficiencies, 3) reduce potential errors will help create a more efficient and productive organization.
- You effectively build and grow teams, lead client engagements, keep a positive attitude, and are a respected member of the team.
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.