Software Developer - Identity Products
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
- Design, Coding, and Testing of server-side code for highly scalable multi-tenant business applications
- Work closely with other engineers, translating business requirements into technical solutions
- Support the testing and launching efforts of Hadoop based applications.
- Ability to work on both on premise and cloud platforms
- Define, refine and enforce repeatable development/QA procedures
- Effectively communicate application designs and plans with multi-disciplinary teams
- Provide program and system documentation to ensure maintainability of applications
- Effectively demo, present, and train others on work completed or areas of expertise
- Support production environments failures within scheduled on-call windows
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Computer Engineering
- Excellent coding skills in Java and SQL
- 1-2 years of software application development
- 1+ years of relevant work experience doing solid Java development (Java 6 or later), with hands-on experience in designing and implementing multi-threaded server-side applications
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux. Scripting skills experience with Perl, shell, Python, XML, JSON
- Languages: Java, SQL, Python
- Big Data technologies: Hadoop, MapReduce, Tez, Spark
- Database technologies: SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Hive, HBase
- Cloud Platforms: AWS and Google Cloud
- AWS Cloud Technologies: S3, EC2, EMR, Data Pipelines, Elastic Beanstalk, Glue, Lambda, SNS, SQS, Cloudhealth
- Strong understanding of information management, data modeling, system integration and development methodologies (including unit testing).
- Advanced organizational, time-management and work prioritization skills
- Passion for learning new skills and expanding experiences
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills – both written and verbal – and can effectively present ideas and concepts to management and peers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.