Google Cloud Architect
Merkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency and the largest independent agency in the UMerkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency and the largest independent agency in the US for CRM, digital, and search. For more than 28 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, Geico, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen, and many others to build and execute customer centric business strategies.S for CRM, digital, and search. For more than 28 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, Geico, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen, and many others to build and execute customer centric business strategies.
Merkle is looking for experienced Google Cloud professional to be part of its Cloud practice. You will be working on industry leading Google Cloud Platform (GCP) to design, develop, and implement next generation Marketing solutions leveraging Cloud native and Commercial/Open Source Big Data technologies.
As a Google Cloud Architect, you will
- Be the force behind shaping the future of our Cloud strategy practice by leading innovation efforts and developing Intellectual Property
- Be client facing in advising them on GCP optimized architectures for data management, help develop roadmaps for on-prem to Cloud migration efforts
- Be hands-on in developing prototypes and conducting Proof of Concepts
- Act as a trusted advisor to client on all things GCP
- Lead team members on project involving data migration and implementation of new solutions on cloud platforms
- Participate in crafting customer facing proposal responses
- Participate in technical interactions with client’s executives and senior management
- Mentor client / Merkle resources on GCP and its services
- Evaluate and analyze new commercial/open-source services/technologies offered by public Cloud providers, and Big Data technology vendors
- Interface with Cloud/Technology provider’s Product Managers, and Engineers
- Develop reference architectures and design pattern library for typical Cloud based Marketing solutions implementations
- Participate in creating new services capabilities, productized solution offerings and document implementation handbooks
- Advise on Cloud project set up, security and role based access implementation, and network optimizations
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems., Engineering, or related field; advanced degree preferred.
- Understanding of Google cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Certified Google Cloud Data Engineer (or willing to obtain)
- Minimum 10 years experience in data warehouse/data engineering with strong hands-on experience in ETL
- Experience with at least one project migrating data to Google Cloud with Big Query
- Proven track record of building technical and business relationships with senior executives
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow up
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, where and when needed, to do what’s right for the customer
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Ability to coordinate across geographically dispersed team members and consolidate status for stakeholders
- Ability to connect technology with measurable business value
- Demonstrated technical thought leadership in customer facing situations
- 5+ years of technical management and though leadership role delivering success in complex data analytics environment, managing various stakeholders relationships to get consensus on solution
- 5+ year’s design and/or implementation of highly distributed applications
- 2+ years’ experience in “migrating” on premise workloads to one or more industry leading public cloud(s)
- Demonstrated experience of designing and building Big Data solutions on GCP stack leveraging BigQuery, Dataproc, Dataflow, BigTable, Data Prep, etc.
- 5+ years experience using Python for building data pipelines
- Technical architectural and development experience on Massively Parallel Processing technologies, such as Hadoop, Spark, Teradata, Netezza, Hadoop
- Technical architectural and development experience on one or more Data Integration technologies, such as Ab Initio, Talend, Pentaho, Informatica, Data Stage, Map Reduce
- Technical architectural experience on Data Visualization technologies, such as Tableau, Qlik, etc.
- Technical architectural experience on data modeling, designing data structures for business reporting
- Deep understanding of Advanced Analytics, such as predictive, prescriptive, etc.
- Working knowledge of cloud components: Software design and development, Systems Operations / Management, Database architecture, Virtualization, IP Networking, Storage, IT Security
- Technical prowess and passion-especially for public Cloud, modern Application design practices and principles. Certifications on Cloud Platform preferred.
- Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to operations support teams
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to both large and small audiences
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.