Salesforce Marketing Cloud Architect
Merkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency and the largest independent agency in the US for CRM, digital, and search. For more than 28 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, Geico, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen, and many others to build and execute customer centric business strategies.
The Platform Architect is a subject matter expert for all things related to our Salesforce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget) email platform. As someone who loves technology, you can speak at length about a broad range of email- and web-related topics to technical and non-technical audiences alike. Your Merkle coworkers love having you on their projects because you pick up new tech quickly; you provide accurate work estimates and keep your commitments, even under tight deadlines; and because you build solutions for the long term. And, let’s face it, you understand that life isn’t all about work, and you are fun to have around the office.
- Develop and own the services that are critical to the success of our email clients, including email triggers/automations, web pages, platform configuration, data feeds, SQL queries, and other various components needed to run complex automated email campaigns.
- As one of our email platform subject matter experts, provide remarkable support to our clients and internal teams by working through issues in a timely and efficient manner, and coming up with ways to prevent issues from recurring.
- Come up with ways to make us better, whether this involves a process change, configuration change, or new code in our set of Python-based internal tools.
- Display a true passion for email marketing and web technologies. Understand what things we’re not doing today—but should be—and own the solution that gets us there.
- Stay on top of our email platform’s product roadmap and constantly be on the lookout for ways to help the team deliver world-class email services.
- A love of web- and email-related technology.
- Ability to deliver a high quality of work, with minimal supervision, to Fortune 500 clients. You “do things right the first time” and are used to being trusted upon to build the best possible solution in a reasonable timeframe.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to conceptualize and communicate highly detailed technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Extremely proactive and highly organized, with the ability to work on multiple, complex projects and issues.
- In-depth experience with the Salesforce Marketing Cloud email platform or another ESP platform like Responsys or Adobe.
- 3+ years’ experience in a fast-paced digital environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or comparable technical field, or work experience that demonstrates comparable technical abilities.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.