Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain machine learning techniques for Merkle data products. The products include identify, feature generation, propensity models, look-alike models and segmentation for hundreds of millions of online and offline B2C customers. Products run on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and use terabytes of behavioral, demographic and attitudinal data.
· Automate classification modeling and segmentation
· Improve the reach and accuracy of Merkle’s identity graph using machine learning
· Deploy on public cloud infrastructure
· Stay current on applicable machine learning techniques and their associated programing methods
· Automate statistical quality assurance tests
· Act as an internal subject-matter expert for new statistics and machine learning techniques
Key Skills and Experience
· At least 2 years of experience in digital or ad tech
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Statistics or an equivalent quantitative field
· Strong understanding of the digital ecosystem (DSPs, DMPs, Addressable TV, web analytics, site optimization)
Cross-discipline team collaboration
· Deep SQL expertise
· Strong Python or R skills
· Understanding of basic machine learning techniques such as regularized regression analysis, random forests and clustering
· Active curiosity of new(ish) techniques such as matrix factorization, multi-layer neural nets or t-SNE
Other Desired Skills
· Experience developing in and deploying on public clouds such as Amazon Web Services, Azure or Google Cloud.
· Experience using distributed computing frameworks like Spark and Hive
· Experience using cutting edge ML package such as XGBoost, Tensorflow, PyTorch and Scikit-learn
· Ability to learn with minimal oversight
· Creative, original thinker
· Ability to work productively in a distributed team
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.