Products - 5 - Data Strategy
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
location: Columbia, MD preferred but will consider all other Merkle locations
- Provide hands-on support with analytics methodology and communication to DataSource Analytics teams as needed
- Lead the requirement analysis of analytic engagements from solution recommendations to test design, and through execution and analysis.
- Provide thought leadership on best practices related to 3rd Party data testing, A/B and multivariate testing.
- Make recommendations for optimizing the performance of marketing campaigns
- Drive test design requirements, execution, and analyze results.
- Work with analysts to design reports measuring KPIs, customer behaviors, campaign performance, and testing results.
- Manage relationships with DataSource clients, internal Merkle teams (Data/Technology), and Client Partner teams
- Collaborate with analytics & data colleagues to identify opportunities within existing DataSource clients to extend footprint into additional areas
- Provide ongoing evaluation of our services to identify gaps/opportunities between our solutions and client needs
- Support Sales pursuits & pitches
- 5-7+ years of experience in marketing analytics and CRM arena covering direct mail, digital, email
- 3-5+ years of experience working with 1st party & 3rd Party Data
- 3-5+ years of experience in a client facing role, agency or consulting experience
- Knowledge and experience with campaign execution and test design
- 5+ years experience in statistical analysis/modeling, and guiding junior analysts through model builds and execution
- Ability to provide leadership to junior analysts
- Extensive experience in Excel, especially Excel pivot table and macro
- Familiarity and experience working with Relational Databases and working with large volumes of data
- Agency or consulting experience
- SAS/SQL/R/Python experience and knowledge and ability to guide junior staff with coding
- Ability to interpret data and translate that information into easily understood reports and proposals.
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities and deliverables
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, Statistics or Quantitative field
Other: Qualified individuals possess the Merkle attributes of being smart, curious, committed to vision, passionate, fun/pleasant, an achiever and having a sense of urgency
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.