IT Help Desk Support - Hosting Analyst (Entry Level)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Merkle is seeking an IT Help Desk Support - Hosting Analyst candidates who have experience with technical support and a strong drive to learn new enterprise class technologies. This position requires the individual to work non-standard work hours including nights, weekends, and holidays in Merkle’s headquarters located in Columbia, MD.
As a part of the team, the IT Help Desk Support - Hosting Analyst candidates, partners with the Merkle business to make technology an asset for customers and employees and provide effective and timely solutions to technological issues. This individual must demonstrate the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, work independently, assess incidents/requests, and apply the correct level of urgency to achieve a mutually accepted solution. All while providing exemplary customer service in support of Merkle’s technology vision.
- Monitor and act on high severity incidents meeting strict SLA/OLA requirements
- Triage server and network related incidents
- Ensure that all requests are resolved on or before due date assigned
- Follow incident/request management best practice
- Ensures all equipment is properly maintained, service calls are placed in a timely manner and tracked
- Provision/Decommission servers following documented SOPs
- Act as “smart” hands for SME’s providing technical direction
- Provision and Reclaim software from end user hardware
- Utilize ticketing system(s) to document issues, communicate statuses, and resolution
- Triage and support Windows and Linux OS’
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic hardware issues
- Provide application support for enterprise platforms and procedures
- Escalate issues as defined in documented escalation procedures
- Perform Server maintenance and patching once a month (non-standard work hours)
- Uphold and promote Merkle’s core values and culture
- Other duties as assigned
Measures of Success:
- Maintain a high level of internal customer service.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn and perform troubleshooting for server hardware.
- Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team and share knowledge with team members.
- Positive recognition as noted on Employee and Customer satisfaction surveys.
- Successfully resolve technical incidents/requests with high quality, escalating where appropriate.
- Associates degree or higher in Information Technology, Computer Science or related fields of study preferred.
- 1 year of help desk or customer service experience strongly preferred.
- 0-3 years of experience with Microsoft server, software, hardware and cloud products.
- A+, MCP, MCITP, Security+, Network+ Certifications preferred.
- Experience with troubleshooting and resolving Windows 10 and basic laptop hardware issues.
- Ability to lift boxes which weigh up to 50 pounds.
- Basic understanding of Windows (Windows Server 2008 or higher) and Linux (RHEL/CentOS) OS’.
- Basic understanding of enterprise data center concepts (Windows, networking, server administration).
- Must be reliable related to work schedule and recurring tasks.
- Flexibility to work non-standard work hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- This position requires the ability to work independently with limited direct supervision.
- Exemplary telephone etiquette and the ability to deal effectively with end users, peers and management.
- Possess the ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Able to follow documented standard procedures.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks efficiently
- Demonstrate the ability to learn new skills techniques and responsibilities.
- Communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.