Specialist, Media Services
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 4,400+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Media Services plans and serves display (or “banner”) ads across web, mobile, video (i.e. YouTube), and social media networks (i.e. Facebook). The purchasing of ad space is managed through a DSP (Demand Side Platform) where you can control the cost and placement of clients’ ads. The combination of creativity and strategic flexibility associated with display ads make them a powerful way for companies to reach potential customers.. Media Services Specialists at Merkle focus on the planning and optimization of this media across these different channels. They focus primarily on display/banner ads and social, but also work with mobile DSP, video DSP and direct publisher (traditional planning) based buying. You will create dynamic advertising strategies by combining your strengths in planning, analysis and creativity to reach clients’ goals.
- Organize and be responsible for campaign setup and management across a variety of vendors and platforms
- Build trafficking sheets to generate through 3rd party ad server tools such as Campaign Manager and implement ad tags and creative in DSPs and with vendors
- Pixel and tag generation, implementation and quality assurance
- Manage ad budgets, including allocation of monthly budgets, tactic level budget optimizations, issuance/revisions of monthly insertion orders, oversight of client’s billing and financial reconciliation on a monthly and quarterly basis, and resolution of media invoice and ad service fee discrepancies
- Solicit media vendors (using RFPs) and evaluate publisher capabilities and new opportunities
- Analyze campaign performance and provide optimization recommendations
- Maintain awareness of new marketing platforms and techniques, as well as look for opportunities to innovate and develop new techniques
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative, marketing, or related discipline preferred
- Experience working in DSPs preferred and Social Platforms (Facebook and Twitter) a must
- Experience in social SAAS platforms or SPMDsa plus
- Experience with digital ads trafficking (Campaign Manager, Sizmek, etc.) a plus
- Well-versed in the core MS Office suite programs and an intermediate to advanced user of Excel including the ability to use formulas, functions, and pivot tables
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone; write clear emails and memos; be friendly, cheerful, and patient; and enjoy explaining complicated concepts to others
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize responsibilities, and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Keen problem-solving and trouble-shooting abilities; high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Occasional travel required (5%) typically for client meetings & QBRs
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.