In 2015, Periscopix was thrilled to join the Merkle organisation as part of its drive to become a worldwide leader in tailored data-driven digital marketing. Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. Merkle, headquartered in the States, has focused on expansion by acquiring businesses internationally and by joining the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the largest Global media companies, in 2016. This has offered us opportunity to further expand our growth and services.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in the UK. Having grown at a tremendous pace, our workforce is now split between two open-planned, modern London offices (London Bridge and St. Katharine Docks). It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
Life as a Video Producer at Merkle
We’re looking for highly creative, driven Video Producer to join our growing creative team. You will work collaboratively with copywriters and designers, as well as independently, to conceptualise, produce and present video output for content and digital advertising purposes. Much of our work revolves around creating video content for social ads and YouTube in order to drive higher rates of audience engagement and performance – so you’ll be instrumental is driving forward the latest digital video best practice in all the work we do.
At Merkle we are driving the growing area of data-driven creative, media planning and audience strategy. We develop creative focused around audience insight and best practice principles and implement the latest in dynamic targeting technologies to achieve highly relevant levels of personalisation for the consumer – because performance is what matters to us. Therefore, an understanding and geeky interest in technology, data and optimisation is a critical attribute of the individual we will hire for this role.
What we are looking for in you
- It is anticipated the candidate will have circa 2 or more years experience in a similar role
- Must have a strong ability in commercial storytelling through narrative and pacing to deliver the right emotional impact required for the work
- Knowledgeable of the latest techniques and trends in digital / social video
- Knowledge of the various digital formats and best-practice required
- Skilled at editing and production of video content
- Animation of motion graphics to enhance video content
- 3D modelling experience is an added bonus
- Sound design and music editing skills for video is a must
- Camera operation and cinematography is a benefit, but not explicitly required for the role. The role will be mainly editing and production of final material, but occasions may arise to shoot original footage.
- Be familiar with the production process: storyboarding, asset and stock collation, rush / draft edits
- Strong interpersonal skills – this is a client-facing role
- Adobe CC – Specifically Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Cinema 4D is a bonus
A few of the benefits
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
- Regular company socials (including bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
- On-site Games Room with ping pong and pool table
- The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
- On Friday’s at 4:30pm (Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
- Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.