Systems Administrator Engineer
We are Merkle, a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader.
Our head office is in Columbia, Maryland and our expansion in Europe started in 2015 with the acquisition of three European companies: Persicopix, DBG and Comet. In 2016, we joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in Europe; we have made several new acquisitions, secured new premises in London and have attracted renowned experts to diversify our offering.
It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Systems Administrator to join our global IT team to help support a growing global infrastructure, providing Tier 2 support for our global infrastructure including solutions within the EMEA region. Critical to this role will be a proven experience of VMware vSphere environment management, and infrastructure management within both the server and virtualisation space.
The ideal candidate will have proven enterprise-level VMware experience, to be able to manage and support services on our hosting platform, along with a good knowledge of RHEL or Centos Linux. You will also be required to have a good understanding of both virtual and physical networking technologies, although this will not be a core part of the role.
You will be required to join the Global on-call rota.
Life as an Infrastructure Engineer at Merkle
The Systems Administrator will be responsible for providing Tier 2 support for infrastructure within the Merkle Managed Hosting environment.
The individual must be able to assess the scope and impact of incidents and services requests and respond with an appropriate sense of urgency following all applicable policies and procedures, keep up to date on industry trends and deliver the highest level of customer service possible.
You will work in a team to set, share information and collaborate with other team members. Suitable candidates must possess a strong dedication to quality customer service, excellent follow through, attention to detail and a drive to be part of a larger team and engage with broad Corporate IT challenges and initiatives.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Troubleshooting and technical support of enterprise-class systems regarding ITIL/ITSM processes/practices, while maintaining compliance with all company policies, procedures and standards
- Provide incident and service request support for assigned Information Technology platforms which include Windows Server, LINUX, Storage, Networking, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Plan, coordinate and execute change management activities
- Ensure that all solutions are aligned with IT standards and best practices
- Provide high level of customer service to all levels of the organisation
- Manage and prioritize multiple incidents and service requests while adapting to changing business conditions
- Document standard operating procedures for repeatable tasks
- Provide input to automation efforts
- Act as an escalation point for incidents and service requests not resolved in the Tier 1 organisation.
Essential skills required:
- VMware/vSphere 6.5
- RHEL/Centos Linux 6.x/7.x
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012R2 / 2016
Highly Desirable/Desirable skills required:
- Dell PowerEdge servers/storage (Desirable)
- Cisco UCS Blades/Chassis/Fabric Interconnects (Desirable)
- Experience of iSCSI based storage (Desirable)
- A good understanding of TCP/ IP networking (Desirable)
- Experience of automated software deployment (Microsoft SCCM/SCOM) (Desirable)
- Experience or ability to learn cloud-based infrastructure and platform solutions
Additional non-technical skills:
- We anticipate that you will possess circa 5+ years of systems administration experience, preferably in a 24/7 enterprise environment
- Degree level educated
- ITIL experience and certification (Highly desirable)
- VCP (Desirable)
- MCP/MCSE (Desirable)
- Competitive salary
- Spanish/English lessons
- Free life and health insurance
- Career development through Merkle University, which includes access to LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com) and Skillsoft