We are Merkle, a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader.
Our head office is in Columbia, Maryland and our expansion in Europe started in 2015 with the acquisition of three European companies: Persicopix, DBG and Comet. In 2016, we joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in Europe; we have made several new acquisitions, secured new premises in London and have attracted renowned experts to diversify our offering.
It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
Come and be part of our professional, collaborative, international and fun work environment, where everyone gets to make a difference.
Complementing a growing team of data, tech and digital specialists, we are looking for a QA Consultant to work within our cross functional client delivery teams to ensure quality of our work, contribute towards our technical best practice and innovation forums, drive best quality practices across our Client projects, design test strategies and implement test automation.
As a Decisioning QA Consultant at Merkle you will:
- Develop, improve and implement best practice QA processes, test strategies, standards and documentation; to ensure the products and services provided by Merkle comply with both external and internal requirements and standards, including GDPR
- Work with business owners and cross functional delivery teams around Europe to develop and implement test plans/cases
- Find & manage resolution of bugs/defects, proactively identify risks to management, design, implement/execute, debug, regression test, validate and verify when fixes implemented
Life as a Decisioning QA Consultant at Merkle
We are the largest global implementation partner for Pega Marketing and Decisioning implementations with Pegasystems. You will be part of the rapidly growing Merkle Decisioning Practice, a great opportunity to work with multitude of clients across EMEA regions, both on- and off-site.
As a Decisioning QA Consultant you will be helping our clients with their real-time decisioning projects. You will be analysing campaign briefs and testing the inbound and outbound marketing campaigns built in tools like Chordiant or Pega Marketing. You need to have a thorough understanding of the client’s business and marketing needs and need to fully understand their data model. You will be working closely with the Business Analysts on the project, as well as with the Developers to work together towards defect resolution.
Your day to day role and prime responsibility will be planning, creating and executing manual and automated software test activities. You will be expected to own and lead all stages of the testing lifecycle from inception to delivery (from initial planning, creating test plans and scripts, through execution to reporting of the results, including UAT, Deployment), taking the initiative to resolve issues, tackle and remove roadblocks and see through resolution of requirements, issues and defects.
Full training on all software relevant to your assignments will be provided.
- University Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Fluent in English
- Strong understanding of spreadsheets and databases/SQL
- At least 1 year of demonstrable hands-on manual testing experience
- Testing certification (TMap, ISTQB, ISEB, CAT etc)
- Logical thinker and problem solver
- Willing and able to travel to clients within Europe, potentially on a regular basis
- Experience using Decisioning software (such as Pega/Chordiant) or campaign management applications (such as IBM Unica/Teradata Aprimo/Adobe Campaign) would be an advantage
- Competitive salary
- Spanish/English lessons
- Free life and health insurance
- Career development through Merkle University, which includes access to LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com) and Skillsoft