Financial Controller - Interim
Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. Merkle, headquartered in the States, have focused on expansion by acquiring businesses internationally and by joining the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the largest Global media companies, in 2016. This has offered us opportunity to further expand our growth and services.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle EMEA. It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
We are seeking an Interim Financial Controller to manage the financial operations of the UK Agency Services (Digital Media) business within a large group.
We are in the process of hiring a permanent Financial Controller and urgently require an experienced person to manage the handover from the current FC who is leaving the business shortly and to assist in on-boarding the permanent FC once appointed.
Financial Controller at Merkle (Agency Services):
We are a strong, high performing team within the business with a reputation for delivering financial information in a very timely manner to a high standard. Our internal stakeholders have high expectations and we operate in a fast-paced environment; It’s a roll-up your sleeves and get stuck in type of role!
- Participate as a member of the UK Finance management team to plan and lead the reporting processes across the business.
- Ensure clear handover from outgoing FC. Document processes where required.
- Onboard new permanent Financial Controller
- Produce accurate and high-quality reports and presentations to deadline; including both routine and ad hoc reporting for review.
- Manage month end close and meeting group reporting deadlines for Merkle UK Three Limited
- Work with media payables and billings teams to ensure all media billing is accounted for correctly
- Support implementation of new accounting system – migrating from Sage to Navision
- Lead Balance Sheet review, reconciliation process and accruals ensuring best practice.
- Cash flow forecasting, budgetary control and FX Hedging.
- Manage overhead reporting and allocation identifying savings opportunities where possible.
- Coordination and management of annual audit with external auditors.
- Meet statutory preparation and filing deadlines, ensuring the company correctly complies with all taxation legislations, including employment taxes, VAT, and Corporation Tax.
- Managing relationships and information requests from external authorities, mostly HMRC.
- Ad hoc work as required by the UK Finance Director or the EMEA CFO.
- Qualified Accountant with circa 5+ years PQE with experience of working for a Group company essential.
- Media (digital media) sector experience required.
- An experienced people manager.
- Experience with Navision and Sage desirable (BPC experience beneficial).
- Technically strong and up to date
- Excellent excel skills
- Ability to make an immediate impac
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and challenge senior stakeholders.
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Merkle’s central goal in EMEA is to continue expanding – we’re attracting fantastic clients and growing our business offering at a tremendous pace. To achieve this, we’re looking to hire top talent to drive this growth and to ensure that we continue to be an industry-leading company. We value the knowledge and expertise that can be added to our workforce at senior levels – there’s also plenty of opportunity to continue developing your skillset.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.