Paid Social Marketing Associate (September Start)
Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based marketing’ and are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; Merkle’s growing at a tremendous pace – and have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
Think you have what it takes to join our data-driven Social team? We’re looking for curious individuals with a knack for thinking outside the box.
No previous experience is required. We welcome new joiners from all backgrounds; you can be freshly graduated, someone with an apprenticeship or a person looking for a change of career. We're open to anyone whose passionate about Paid Social and can display that passion and research throughout the interview process.
Paid Social marketing is not the same as organic social marketing. Paid Social is an amazing platform for advertisers to pinpoint and target specific audiences, whilst showcasing creative and engaging ads across a variety of ad formats. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Snapchat make up the core of our social advertising platforms here at Merkle, enabling us to reach diverse yet relevant audiences across every demographic for our huge range of clients. Receiving performance data in real time means we can analyse, report and optimise campaigns to drive the very best performance against our client KPI’s, feeding into real business goals and successes.
Life as a Graduate Paid Social Marketing Associate at Merkle
- Training. From your first day you will embark on our extensive training programme. You will quickly be introduced to Paid Social through in-person classroom sessions, online training and various workshops. You will be assigned a coach who is dedicated to your learning and will assist you with any questions you may have. Everyone learns at their own pace and your coach is there to support you throughout your training!
- Platforms. We are lucky enough to have connections with all the major social media platforms in the industry (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc). Additionally we also work closely with Snapchat, LinkedIn and Pinterest! Each of these platforms can be used for different purposes, so it's your job to identify whether a platform’s targeting options and capabilities match the requirements of your clients. For example, Facebook is a very useful platform to utilise as it has a great reach, and you are able to look at user’s interests - whereas LinkedIn has much better Job Title targeting capabilities. You will also assist your clients with your extensive knowledge of a variety of different ad formats, and how these can be used to best benefit your clients.
- Data. As this is a Paid Social role and not an organic social role you will be able to track the progress and performance of your campaign. Within this you will work with your client to ensure relevant tracking is implemented on their website. For example, how many purchases of a product have taken place! This will ensure that the success of your campaigns can be accurately measured, and will provide you with the data required to further optimise your campaigns. You must therefore be happy working with data to understand what is working within your campaigns and what you can improve. It will be your job to report this back to the client, likely on a weekly basis. You will also be working with large data on Microsoft Excel and potentially Data Studio, and will receive training to provide you with the tools to do so successfully!
- Clients. You’ll develop and maintain strong, professional relationships with your clients. Quickly you’ll be given responsibility to be in regular contact with them through a variety of mediums; email, phone and in-person meetings / reviews. In addition, you may also have quarterly meetings with your clients to look at further trends and plan next steps. In partnership, you’ll work towards achieving the very best performance for their Paid Social advertising.
- Connections. We have excellent relationships with the social media platforms and our API Marketing Partner 4C. It’s essential that we keep up to speed with the latest developments and innovations in the industry, so you can expect to attend internal and external events. Clients look to us to be a fountain of knowledge when advising on strategy and updates.
- Happiness. It’s hard to overstate the importance we place on employee happiness. We want all our employees to enjoy coming to work in our offices (which we’re rather proud of!) as well as working in a super-friendly and supportive team. At Merkle, everyone has a voice and a part to play in driving the organisation forward.
For more info on the role from one of our current employees, please see the attached blog post below:
- Enthusiasm, initiative and drive
- Curiosity about the digital industry and the world of business
- A co-operative and supportive personality; a true team player
- The ability to work autonomously and to efficiently manage multiple projects
- Highly articulate in verbal and written communications
- A keen eye for detail
- Evidence of an excellent academic record
- A strong sense of professionalism and a deep respect for others
- Well-developed logic and reasoning skills, including an aptitude for data analysis
Finally, we expect that you’ll have really done your research into Paid Social. You don’t need to be a pro (we don’t require you to have any previous experience!), but we absolutely need to see that you’ve read up on recent trends, are familiar with the industry and have nailed understanding the basic concepts. There’s so much to read online; hopefully once you start, you just want to keep reading!
We suggest you apply at your earliest convenience (make sure you’ve done your research!) as our roles are always very popular and do fill quickly. We hire on a first-come basis.
The Interview Process
Firstly, we suggest you apply at your earliest convenience (make sure you’ve done your research!) as our roles are always very popular and do fill quickly. We hire on a first-come basis.
In this position, you will be focusing solely on Paid Social so we will want to see a passion and enthusiasm for this particular area. This interest can be showcased in your research and ability to go above and beyond when looking into this area.
· Application – When you apply you will be asked a couple of questions to showcase your interest in Paid Social.
· Video Interview – If your application is successful you will be asked to complete a video interview (they sound scarier then they are, we promise!). The video interview is a chance for us to get to know more about you and your knowledge and recent research.
· In Office Interview - If successful after a video interview then you would progress to the in-office interview. This is a chance for you to come to the office, meet us in person, learn more about the company and showcase your skills, passion and research in person.
· Final Interview – If you reach the final interview, you will be asked to put together a Paid Social Campaign, based off a pretend client brief.
Throughout the entire process we will be wanting to learn more about you as an individual (you’re interests, skills and understanding of the role), your passion for this area and the research you’ve done. Don’t focus on the nerves, make sure you come prepared and ensure you interview us as well! At the end of the day you’ll be with us 5 days a week, so you want to make sure its somewhere you want to work to.
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
- An opportunity to involve yourself in our Diversity & Inclusion initiatives, made up of six ‘Pillars’ (Mental health, Women in Leadership, Ethnicity, Religion, Disability and LGBTQ)
- Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
- Regular company socials (including bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, Massaoke and speed boating on the Thames!)
- On-site games room (think ping pong, pool table, and Foosball!)
- The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
- On Fridays at 4:30pm (aka. 4:Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.