Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
Come and be a part of our professional, collaborative, international and fun work environment, where everyone gets to make a difference.
Complementing a growing team of data, tech and digital specialists, we are looking for a QA Consultant to work within our cross functional client delivery teams to ensure quality of our work, contribute towards our technical best practice and innovation forums, drive best quality practices across our Client projects, design test strategies and implement test automation.
As a QA Consultant at Merkle you will:
- Develop, improve and implement best practice QA processes, test strategies, standards and documentation; to ensure the products and services provided by Merkle comply with both external and internal requirements and standards, including GDPR
- Work with business owners and cross functional delivery teams around Europe to develop and implement test plans/cases
- Find & manage resolution of bugs/defects, proactively identify risks to management, design, implement/execute, debug, regression test, validate and verify when fixes implemented
Life as a QA Consultant at Merkle
We are the largest global implementation partner for Pega Marketing and Decisioning implementations with Pegasystems. You will be part of the rapidly growing Merkle Decisioning Practice, a great opportunity to work with multitude of clients across EMEA regions, both on- and off-site.
As a Decisioning QA Consultant you will be helping our clients with their real-time decisioning projects. You will be analysing campaign briefs and testing the inbound and outbound marketing campaigns built in tools like Chordiant or Pega Marketing. You need to have a thorough understanding of the client’s business and marketing needs and need to fully understand their data model. You will be working closely with the Business Analysts on the project, as well as with the Developers to work together towards defect resolution.
Your day to day role and prime responsibility will be planning, creating and executing manual and automated software test activities. You will be expected to own and lead all stages of the testing lifecycle from inception to delivery (from initial planning, creating test plans and scripts, through execution to reporting of the results, including UAT, Deployment), taking the initiative to resolve issues, tackle and remove roadblocks and see through resolution of requirements, issues and defects.
Full training on all software relevant to your assignments will be provided.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- Free breakfast & fruit
- Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
- Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
- A selection of other industry standard benefits
What we are looking for in you
- Formal software testing certification (ISQTB, ISEB, TMap)
- It is anticipated that the appropriate candidate will have circa 3 years of demonstrable hands-on testing experience
- Strong understanding of Spreadsheets/Excel and Databases/SQL
- Proven experience of writing pragmatic test strategies, planning test scenarios, writing and executing test plans and test cases and creation of required test data
- Extensive experience working with test and defect management tools like HP ALM, Jira etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to think ahead, with good eye for detail and routing out / searching around those dark corners
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, be an upbeat pro-active team player
- Experience using Decisioning software (such as Pega/Chordiant) or campaign management applications (such as IBM Unica/Teradata Aprimo/Adobe Campaign) would be advantageous
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.