Senior Media Planner
In 2015, Periscopix were thrilled to join the Merkle organisation as part of their drive to become a worldwide leader in tailored data-driven digital marketing. Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. Merkle, headquartered in the States, have focused on expansion by acquiring businesses internationally and by joining the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the largest Global media companies, in 2016. This has offered us opportunity to further expand our growth and services.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in the UK. Having grown at a tremendous pace, our workforce is now split between two open-planned, modern London offices (London Bridge and St. Katharine Docks). It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
We’re looking for someone passionate about Media Planning to join our growing team and continue to push the boundaries on what’s possible within the digital and addressable advertising landscape. Our team works across a varied portfolio of clients of all shapes, industries and sizes, and we work very closely with both our Paid Media delivery and Media Science teams to ensure we’re at the cutting edge of our field. We’re looking for people who are digital natives by default but also all -rounders with exposure to both off and online planning. A good understanding of integrated media planning is essential, as well as an appreciation of data driven marketing and the desire to progress this practice both in concept and in activation.
We anticipate the successful candidate will have circa 2+ years of hands-on experience or a background in digital delivery but looking to move into a strategic remit. It requires an understanding of general marketing principles as well as business acumen to support understanding of our clients and the digital marketing space. It supports the development of strategic and tactical initiatives designed to successfully achieve our clients’ goals. The role is diverse and requires the individual to efficiently prioritise and manage multiple work streams at once, work both individually and within a team, effectively communicate, and have an ability to continuously self-educate in this dynamic digital marketing space.
Life as a Senior Media Planner at Merkle
- Support the Digital Strategy Lead in development of one integrated cross-channel strategy and media laydown.
- Adopt Merkle planning methodology in coordination of brief responses, cross-media strategies and media plans
- Responsible for media and consumer insights collation, providing integrated brief response proposals.
- Collaborate closely with multiple marketing channel specialists to ensure optimal use of each marketing channel.
- Liaise with media owners and external agency partners, attending all agency meetings to present all channels and feedback requirements to channel leads.
- Maintain a high level of working and strategic knowledge across all channels and how they can integrate.
- Thought leadership, putting forward new topics of interest.
- Support the idea generation, cross-functional coordination and work with client management to ensure successful implementation of these campaigns.
- Ensure consistent communication during the planning period and ensure the internal teams has visibility of each step within the process.
A few of the benefits
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
- Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
- Regular company socials (including bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
- On-site Games Room with ping pong and pool table
- The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
- On Friday’s at 4:30pm (Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
- Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation
What we are looking for in you
- We anticipate the successful person will have circa 2+ years of experience in Media Planning or in a cross-channel delivery roles, at account manager level.
- A comprehensive understanding of different marketing capabilities and what they offer the client and customer, including; Search Marketing, Analytics, Display, Social etc.
- Good understanding of ATL and OOH marketing initiatives.
- Experience of insight generation with third party tools.
- Strong understanding of multi-channel marketing, ensure digital is fully embedded in all initiatives.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.