Senior Analytical Consultant - Aberdeen
Merkle | Aquila works to extract the maximum value from data to allow our clients to take more effective actions from analysis. We work with organisations to understand their challenges and then identify, structure and use the most relevant data to address their needs.
Our expertise covers the full consumer lifecycle from acquisition through to retention. We firmly believe that the on and offline worlds have merged and that effective analysis should allow our clients to have a holistic view of the effectiveness of all of their channels. We have delivered projects involving both onsite and offsite analytical consultancy and delivery. Our goal is to be fully flexible to suit our client’s needs.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced, industry-leading, growing analytics team that works with some of the biggest global brands. Merkle|Aquila exists to accelerate businesses on their journey to generate maximum value from data and enable them to make data-led decisioning to benefit their business.
You will join as an senior analytical consultant, delivering analytical solutions to a variety of clients and industries. We expect our analysts to come with brains as standard – so you will have several year of experience working in analytics, have experience with coding languages (predominantly Python & R) , have experience creating data science models & using visualization tools - but we look for curious individuals that have a passion for data and analytics, that have a desire to learn, who want to help businesses use their data better when they make decisions, and are able to package up their analysis in such a way that even the most non-technical audiences can grasp complicated methodologies. Most importantly for a senior analytical consultant, we look for those individuals that understand that analytics is all about the technical pursuit – often the simplest solutions can get the most traction and be transformative in an organization. The role will be client facing, so a winning smile and an eagerness to do the leg work to get under the skin of a business problem is also key.
Examples of projects you are likely to be involved in are: machine learning – auto ML, image detection & classification, nlp, dashboarding, propensity models, recommendation engines, operation optimsation, segmentations, customer lifetime value, customer journey analytics, , econometrics, attribution, forecasting, and adhoc analytics. You will work with the client delivery team and in most cases you will be the lead analyst to design and execute the analytical solution, learning from experts in the field
Life as a Senior Analytical Consultant at Merkle | Aquila
· You will be responsible for the design and delivery of the solution – with a team to support as you progress, and to support you in the delivery to clients. You may also be working with more junior analysts and will be expected to support them in their growth
· Its likely you will end up doing projects you may not have had experience with – don’t worry, you will work in an award winning analytics team of over 90 statistical analysts, data scientists and data engineers across multiple UK sites. This provides a fantastic opportunity to work alongside the best and gain knowledge from regular sharing sessions with the wider analytics team and the whole agency.
· You will work across a variety of industries – we believe variety in work is what gives us our edge and keeps things interesting for you as your advance through your career.
· You will typically work on a single client project at any one time
· You will be involved in all stages of the analytical process from spec’ing out what data you may need, data cleansing, visualizing data, modelling and delivering the final results. You will also be called on to help with proposals and finding innovative ways to bring our clients along their analytics journeys
· You will work closely with the client team as you go through the project – from gaining domain knowledge, regular updates and final delivery
· Your projects may vary from 4-6 weeks or 12 months: dependent on what type of arrangement we have with our client. On longer engagements you will cover a number of different projects
· You will work on client site and at the Aquila hub, so you need to have flexibility on coding languages & analytical infrastructure
· You will be key in building up strong relationships with our clients – so you will need to be confident with day to day interactions with clients, expressing professional views, participating in public speaking and opinion pieces to build reputation as required
· You will be proactive in looking for improvements and suggestions for innovation – essentially becoming the client’s secret weapon
o You need to have a keen eye for QA, and sense checking your analysis as you go.
o You also will work to a project plan and keep the client team informed of any issues & how you are progressing
o You will ensure all company documents, data and equipment are securely transmitted, stored and archived in line with the Information Security Policy. Ensure compliance with Information Security Policy
o You will share your knowledge with the wider Merkle Aquila community
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle | Aquila social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too!
· Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
· Company Pension, life insurance, health insurance and other corporate benefits
· Buddy and mentorship programs
· 28 days Annual Leave plus your birthday off
· A selection of other industry standard benefits
Essential Skills and Experience:
· Professionally qualified/relevant degree - Maths, Stats, Data Science, Operational Research Degree (Pref Masters)
· Analytical mind-set & good understanding of the analytical stages from data gathering to final delivery
· 4+ years experience in an analytical role
· Advanced knowledge of SQL and /or R and/or Python
· Some statistical or data science modelling experience (2+ years)
· Experience working with (very) large and messy datasets.
· Excellent communication skills & strong presentation skills, with the ability to present complex concepts to a wide range of audiences
· Attention to detail
· Knowledge of relational database design concepts
· Code automation and optimization.
· Have had exposure to working with cloud infrastructure
· Have understanding of productionising analytics
· Experience of working with Web Analytics platforms, such as Google Analytics or Adobe Insights.
- Consultancy experience, confidence interacting with clients.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.