Paid Search Account Manager
Founded as an independent media agency in 1996, DWA is headquartered in San Francisco, with eight additional offices in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific employing 150+ employees globally.
In December 2017 we were acquired by Merkle, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network. The move expands the B2B offering at marketing agency Merkle, adding scale and breadth to existing capabilities, and offering brands in the technology and B2B sectors greater sophistication, integrated technology, data, creativity, and outstanding performance marketing. Our approach has delivered success for a diverse group of clients, including Cisco, Citrix, Box, NetApp, Salesforce and Oracle.
The acquisition allows us to have the best of both worlds; locally we retain our independent agency feel, with the backing of a global network - meaning the potential opportunity for career growth is yours for the taking. We foster a culture of ‘Work Hard, Play Hard’, and actively encourage our team members to have, and share opinions.
We’re looking for a Paid Search Account Manager, responsible for leading Search strategy and activation across our key clients. As a Paid Search Account Manager, you are an expert in Paid Search and can bring innovative Search solutions to our clients. Your responsibilities include building and growing strong client relationships, providing strategic direction to the team, maintaining the financial health of your accounts, scoping projects and developing staff. Together with the Senior Search Manager & Head of Search, you will move the Paid Search specialism forward and in line with our agency vision, both internally across the wider network and externally with clients & industry peers.
Life as a Paid Search Account Manager at DWA
- Lead quarterly/annual business reviews
- Manage, train, and develop the team of account executives
- Monitor account profitability and ensure accurate billing and forecasting to ensure the financial health of the accounts.
- Actively generate case studies to showcase DWA’s work
- Interview applicants for available positions and recommend selection, promotion, discipline and related personnel actions
- Own the relationship with our client stakeholders aiming for high client satisfaction and retention. Truly understand our clients brand and the B2B industry
- Own the collaborative relationship with our platform partners
- Be accountable for thought leadership activity both with the client and internally, putting forward new topics of interest and championing creative strategic thinking
- Ensuring effective communication internally & externally
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle Search calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- Free breakfast, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
- Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
- Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
- A selection of other industry standard benefits
What we are looking for in you
- Solid experience managing Paid Search campaigns across multiple platforms, with a focus on Google Ads, Bing Ads, Search Ads 360, AMO is a plus
- Ability to think strategically and identify and resolve problems in a client-centric environment
- Ability to nurture and retain client relationships & understand how Paid Search can feed into wider business goals
- Strong managerial experience
- Experience working with financial data and budgets
- B2B experience is a plus
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.