Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
The Transformation Consultant role will join a team of talented and experienced marketers that focus on helping Merkle clients achieve their business goals through transforming ways of working and developing best in class organizational design that enables the client to deliver people-based marketing.
The Transformation Consultant will be a key role in engagements with clients to assess their ways of working and help them to advance their sophistication in People Based Marketing. You will be responsible for conducting face to face workshops around people, process and culture and work collaboratively with clients to help them design and embed new agile practices, take advantage of new tech capabilities and focus their business around individual customer strategies.
Merkle is a data driven marketing agency and believes strongly in organisations taking a data led approach to decision making, utilizing insight to develop strategies focused around customer experience. Our transformation consultants must believe in this philosophy and have some experience within the marketing and/or insight field. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to collaborate with clients when it comes to media planning and marketing campaigns, and have the ability to work across multiple of our core vertical markets
You will have a strong passion for problem solving, and a deep understanding of how businesses, brands and customers interact, with an advanced understanding of the rapidly evolving role that data and technology play in this relationship. Candidates must possess the ability to identify business growth opportunities and develop strategic recommendations to support the growth of client relationships.
Life as a Transformation Consultant at Merkle
- Working within project teams to understand clients’ current ways of working and help map progression to more mature marketing sophistication.
- Support transformation of clients to more agile, data driven and customer focused ways or working.
- Build and deliver target operating models and strategy and measurement frameworks.
- Act as a subject matter expert, particularly in the areas of digital marketing and CRM.
- Continually monitor current marketing trends, new technology solutions, and competitive strategies – and then translate them into new marketing ideas for clients.
- Show a strong understanding of differences in marketing to customers in different verticals and environments.
- Develop trusted, long-term relationships with key client contacts and executives.
- Collaborate and develop relationships with internal Merkle teams (account management, operations, creative, analytics etc.), and partner agencies to understand the feasibility of cross-channel recommendations/ plans.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance,Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- Free breakfast & fruit
- Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
- Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
- A selection of other industry standard benefits
- It is anticipated the appropriate candidate will have circa 8-12 years experience
- Client side or agency experience accepted
- Knowledge of agile practices and previous experience in transformation roles will be highly beneficial
- Proven experience in developing solutions to support the sale of new services to clients.
- Strong writing, presentation and client facing communication skills.
- Experience translating data analysis into actionable marketing recommendations and presentations – proficiency in PowerPoint a plus.
- Attention to detail and the ability to incorporate internal and external feedback on an iterative basis.
- Ability to leverage business experience / acumen to identify new business and marketing opportunities.
- Strong listening skills to understand clients visible and invisible needs.
- Must have superior multi-tasking, networking, time management and inter-personal skills.
- Self-starter high intellectual curiosity, drive, determination, and persuasion skills.
- Comfort and experience working within a highly matrixed organization in roles with a wide degree of latitude.
- 20-40% travel required
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time. Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.