Conversion Optimisation Analyst
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
Our web analytics team is a rapidly expanding part our business and one of the most established and highly respected in the UK. We partner closely with both Google, Optimizely and VWO within the website testing and personalisation field.
We're looking for someone ready to start a career in CRO (Conversion Rate Optimisation). We don't need you to be experienced in this field as we will happily train you up. However, we will want to see some experience with digital or technology and a passion for this space.
Your role will involve analysing and generating insights from different data sources to understand how users behave online, with a view to improving website conversion rates. We combine web analytics, data science, user research, UX, competitor analysis and consumer psychology to develop strategies to help our clients make their websites more successful. We use A/B and multi-variant testing to understand the impact of the recommendations we make, and then work collaboratively with internal and external teams to ensure the learnings we identify more widely benefit the client.
Life as a Conversion Optimisation Analyst at Merkle
- Running quantitative and qualitative research on client’s customers to understand why they do or don't convert.
- Use the data to identify insights to inform hypotheses and test ideas.
- Planning, and prioritising insights and testing strategy which meets the client’s targets and ROI.
- Building wireframes
- Analysing and evaluating A/B tests, reporting on results and recommending next steps to clients.
- Communication of test results both to direct contacts and additional parties in order to maximise the benefit of our learning, e.g. online marketing teams
- Managing testing programs, ensuring the strategic aims for the program are aligned with client’s aims and milestones
- Day to day account management and written and face to face contact with clients on a daily basis
- Working across multiple client projects simultaneously and managing workload within allocated timeframe.
- Own client relationships, manage the workload and gain autonomy.
A few of the benefits
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Private Medical Insurance, Pension, Life Assurance
- Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
- Regular company socials
- On-site Games Room with ping pong and pool table
- The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
- On Friday’s at 4:30pm (aka. Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
- Experience in anything digital or technology focused would be great!
- An understanding of various methods for visualising analysis and presenting data in a way that can be easily consumed by less technical staff.
- Ability to turn insight into actionable recommendations for your client
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-pace environment
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time. Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.