Senior Full-stack Software Developer
In 2015, Periscopix were thrilled to join the Merkle organisation as part of their drive to become a worldwide leader in tailored data-driven digital marketing. Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. Merkle, headquartered in the States, have focused on expansion by acquiring businesses internationally and by joining the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the largest Global media companies, in 2016. This has offered us opportunity to further expand our growth and services.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in the UK. Having grown at a tremendous pace, our workforce is now split between two open-planned, modern London offices (London Bridge and St. Katharine Docks). It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
Over the last twelve months, Merkle’s Agency Services team have invested in our internal tech proposition by growing our Media Solutions department. We are now looking for a Senior Full-stack Software Developer with experience working with an OOP language (C# in a .NET core desirable) to manage our small team of developers and continue growing this arm of our business.
Merkle's Agency Services function runs digital marketing campaigns for some of the largest advertisers in the UK, with 400 employees based in London, Edinburgh and Dubai. The Media Solutions team sits within this function and is responsible for building and maintaining our internal software products. Our tools are currently are used by over 300 members of the team, with wider expansion to the EMEA team in the coming year.
To achieve our goals, we’re looking for an experienced developer who is keen to develop others, implement new processes and get involved in the entire software development lifecycle. In addition to writing top notch code, you'll work closely with the Media Solutions Director to ensure product development aligns with business objectives. You'll have a high degree of autonomy in this role, taking ownership of the software development roadmap and designing systems and solutions for the team to build that are scalable and meet business objectives.
Life as a Senior Full-stack Software Developer at Merkle
- Software development lifecycle. You’ll take ownership of the team’s development lifecycle, with support from the Media Solutions Director. This includes maintaining the roadmap, architecting software solutions, and implementing processes such as code reviews and testing to ensure development progresses on time and to specification.
- Team management. You’ll take on line management of our more junior developers and help grow the team under you in 2020. Don’t worry if you’ve not managed people before, we have a comprehensive training programme in-house for new managers!
- Coding. You’ll actively contribute to the codebase yourself, writing clean, logical and structured code that sets the standard for the team.
- Wider business operations. You’ll be involved in decision making for the tools you work on, and take an active role in ensuring your team’s work aligns with wider business objectives.
A few of the benefits
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
- Regular company socials (including bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
- On-site Games Room with ping pong and pool table
- The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
- On Friday’s at 4:30pm (Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
- Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)
What we are looking for in you
- It is anticipated the candidate will have circa 5 - 6 years experience working with an OOP language (we use C# in a .NET Core context)
- A strong knowledge of React JS
- A familiarity with cloud deployment (we use Google Cloud).
- Experience contributing to the wider software development lifecycle
- Experience liaising with a product owner/manager
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- An enthusiasm to take on a leadership role and grow a small software team, with exposure to wider business operations
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.