Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
We have an exciting opening for an Account Manager to join our team here at Merkle working across several well-known and loved client brands. Working closely with a Client Partner and Client Engagement Director you will be a key player in the Client Services team and will be the main go-to person for client and other key partners.
Life as a Account Manager at Merkle
As an Account Manager at Merkle, it will be your responsibility to ensure operational excellence is maintained across all areas of the accounts; including data and database management, campaign delivery, reporting and analytics. As such you will be working closely with key client stakeholders and internal teams to ensure that key milestones are achieved.
You will also work closely with the Client Pa and CED on strategic projects and discussions helping to ensure that the strategic vision of the clients is supported by campaign and wider Merkle activities. As part of this you will be working with a matrix team and you will have financial responsibility, including management of financial KPIs and margins, and management of SLAs and reporting
The role will require regular travel to work onsite with the clients.
What we are looking for in you
- We anticipate the suitable candidate will possess 4+ years’ experience working in a digital/CRM/Data agency or client-side experience with thorough knowledge of databases, data driven marketing, campaign delivery and managing end to end marketing programs
- Experience of managing commercials; working to agreed/scoped budgets & resource levels
- Proven ability to understand marketing strategy and be able to work with the CP and CED to ensure that this can be delivered through the customer communication programs
- Ability to work closely with a Data Intelligence team and understand the value of data analytics, including customer segmentation and modelling
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to gain gravitas with the client early on and act as the face of Merkle onsite
- Lots of enthusiasm and a passion for all things data and how this feeds into our clients marketing strategy
- A team player with the ability to make things happen whilst balancing client priorities with agency commercials
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time. Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.