Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
Come be a part of our professional, collaborative, international and fun work environment, where everyone gets to make a difference. At Merkle, we have a clear vision: to attract the best people and be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and do their best work. Merkle is a proud equal opportunities employer and we believe that diversity fuels innovation. We champion different perspectives and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees are heard and feel a sense of belonging.
You will be part of the rapidly growing Merkle Marketing Technology team, a great opportunity to work with a multitude of clients across EMEA regions, both on and off-site.
Your day to day role and prime responsibility will be planning, creating and executing manual and automated software test activities. You will be expected to own and lead all stages of the testing lifecycle from inception to delivery (from initial planning, creating test plans and scripts, through execution to reporting of the results, including UAT, Deployment), taking the initiative to resolve issues, tackle and remove roadblocks and see through resolution of requirements, issues and defects.
Full training on all MarTech software relevant to your assignments will be provided
Life as a Test Manager at Merkle
- Define and deliver a testing framework and governance structure, supporting the implementation of Marketing Automation solutions across our project delivery
- Develop, improve and implement best practice QA processes, test strategies, standards and documentation; to ensure the products and services provided by Merkle comply with both external and internal requirements and standards, including GDPR
- Work with business owners and cross functional delivery teams to develop and implement test plans/cases focused on implementations and business as usual for Marketing Technologies
- Own all stages of the testing lifecycle from inception to delivery. Plan, create and execute manual and automated software tests
- Work closely with the development team in order to find and manage resolutions of defects, proactively identify risks to project delivery, debug, regression test and verify defect fixes
- University Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Formal software testing certification (ISTQB, ISEB, TMap)
- At least 3-5 years hand-on professional testing experience in a client-facing role
- Logical thinker
- Good attention to detail
- You’ve got intellectual curiosity and ambition
- You’re a great team player but are also able to work autonomously
- Good English is essential as most of our communication takes place in English
- You’re able and willing to occasionally travel to client sites or other Merkle offices throughout Europe
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Attractive and competitive salary
- Spanish/English lessons
- Free life and health insurance
- Opportunities for personal growth & professional development
- Career development through Merkle University (which includes access to Linkedin Learning and Skillsoft)
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.