Receptionist & Office Assistant
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
Merkle is a rapidly growing company with over 2000 employees in Europe. You will be based in our brand-new office right next to Festival Square of 50 with plans to grow rapidly over the next 12 months.
You will be a key member of the team working with the London based Head of Facilities and UK Front of House team to ensure the smooth running of the offices, as well as being the main point of contact on reception.
Life as a Receptionist & Office Assistant at Merkle
- The main point of contact on reception including meeting and greeting all visitors.
- Answering the mainline phone number and directing calls accordingly.
- Maintaining and organising 17 meeting rooms which includes daily meeting room checks, prepping meeting rooms and organising lunch deliveries for various meetings.
- Working with all levels of staff and across departments to ensure smooth running of the offices.
- Management and maintenance of the office environment, identifying and organising repairs/maintenance/cleaning etc.
- Setting up of new employee desks ensuring all day one equipment is ready before they arrive.
- Administrative support for wider office teams.
- Co-ordinating deliveries and post for all departments.
- Support in the organisation of company events e.g. Social activities (monthly socials and company-wide lunches), large group meetings, celebrations etc.
- Stock taking and ordering of office supplies.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
· Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
· Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
· Free breakfast, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
· Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
· Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
· A selection of other industry standard benefits
What we are looking for in you
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual, no task is too big or small. We’re a friendly bunch and we hope you are too! You’ll be the face of our organisation for all people stepping through our front doors, it’s therefore essential you’re a natural at meeting and greeting all visitors into our office. Previous experience working in an office environment essential.
You will be working closely with the current Head of Facilities. An open-minded approach and readiness to tackle any challenge, no matter how big or small, is important. You will be acting as their eyes and ears on the ground in our Edinburgh office, so attention to detail and a keen sense of problem solving is essential.
As the role is varied and fast paced, you’ll be highly organised with a can-do attitude. You will also be a key member of the team and first point of contact for staff as well as visitors. As no day will ever be the same you will need to be exceptionally organised, extremely proactive and a real self-starter not afraid to use your initiative!
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.