Founded as an independent media agency in 1996, DWA is headquartered in San Francisco, with thirteen additional offices in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific employing >250 employees globally.
In December 2017 we were acquired by Merkle, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network. The move expands the B2B offering at marketing agency Merkle, adding scale and breadth to existing capabilities, and offering brands in the technology and B2B sectors greater sophistication, integrated technology, data, creativity, and outstanding performance marketing. Our approach has delivered success for a diverse group of clients, including Cisco, Citrix, Box, NetApp, Salesforce and Oracle.
The acquisition allows us to have the best of both worlds; locally we retain our independent agency feel, with the backing of a global network - meaning the potential opportunity for career growth is yours for the taking.
We are looking for a Personal Assistant who will support our DWA Leadership Team!
Our Chief Commercial Officer, Chief Strategy Officer and UK Managing Director all need a superstar who is going to make their 2020 the best year to date! This is a new role, but one that is going to make a huge difference – to the individuals above and the company itself. You will be a part of London based team of PAs led by our Chief of Staff – they are all very different, but make an incredible team where support, reliability, laughs and a passion for food are seen on a daily basis.
Life as a Personal Assistant at DWA, a Merkle company
· If you love challenges and are willing to grow – this is a role for you!
· Not one day is the same at Merkle – and that’s what we love about it.
· You will be spending a fair amount of time figuring out logistical challenges with meetings and travels across Europe, US and Singapore.
· We will need you to stay one step ahead of all the three execs – yes, that will sometimes include triple checking your emails before you go to sleep – but when you care about what you do, it comes naturally!
· It is important you have the willingness to learn more about different parts of the business to develop sense of judgement you can rely on…
· Because we do want to invest in your development!
· We also want you to have the level of confidence that won’t stop you from sharing your ideas and suggestions – we need those!
· You will have plenty of fun & giggles with the team
A few of the benefits
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
· Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
· Company Pension, Private Medical and other corporate benefits
· Free breakfast, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
· Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
· Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
What we are looking for in you
· It is anticipated the candidate will have circa 2 years’ experience in a similar PA role
· Commitment to grow while making everything as efficient as possible as well as a doer who makes impossible, possible!
· Positive can-do attitude with enthusiasm and curiosity!
· Ability to remain professional and calm while dealing with different IT challenges
· Appreciation of colour coding
· Excellent organisation skills and judgement with ability to assess and juggle competing priorities
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to respect confidentiality and privacy
· Fan of expenses - or at least we hope you won’t hate them!
· Constant challenge of different time zones
· A team player with the ability/willingness to work closely with others to ensure that the business runs smoothly and efficiently
· Strong presentation skills – if you like PowerPoint, we like you!
· Ability to be occasionally accessible outside of normal office hours
· Someone fun – we do go out for social events and would love you to join
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.