Senior Digital Creative Designer
Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. Merkle, headquartered in the States, have focused on expansion by acquiring businesses internationally and by joining the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the largest Global media companies, in 2016. This has offered us opportunity to further expand our growth and services.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in the UK. Having grown at a tremendous pace, our workforce is now split between two open-planned, modern London offices (London Bridge and St. Katharine Docks). It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
As a Senior Digital Designer, you will play a key role in the development of creative outputs for our clients within the Creative team which sits within Merkle’s Customer Experience Department. A Senior Digital Designer at Merkle Periscopix is someone that is focused on attention to detail, is keen to learn the process of designing for performance creative, is someone who can fully understand a creative brief and the target audience, and is not afraid to bring their own ideas and creativity to the table. This is all encompassed by a genuine drive to want to design for advertising, and an enthusiasm to learn what elements of their work are working well to allow for design optimisation and to better their work.
You’ll be creating fantastic creative for our clients across an array of channels:
- Websites (UI)
- Paid media advertisements (design, video & animation)
- Email marketing (UI)
As well as supporting our own marketing team with internal communications (PowerPoint & print design).
This will be a varied role working across flat design predominantly, but you will also be required to work on video and animation projects, so a keenness to work on a variety of outputs is a must and a technical eye will be required. There are a variety of projects to always get stuck into where you will be able to utilise your skills in Photoshop, XD, Premiere and Google Web Designer. As a result of the variety the candidate must be able to juggle workload and time manage well. The candidate must also be a good team player, good communicator, and be able to work under pressure. The Senior Digital Designer will be expected to work both independently and collaborate with other Creatives when needed.
Life as a Senior Digital Designer at Merkle
- Participate in the creative development of data-driven direct response materials from concept to execution
- Work with Copywriters, other designers and the Creative Director to develop and design content to support experiential creative with an underlying link to performance
- Work closely with the Creative Director, producer, designers and copywriters to develop and deliver successful and award-winning ideas and work
- Work closely with media and strategy teams to deliver best in class campaigns
- Work across multiple outputs including flat design, video & animation across multiple channels
- Translate client’s marketing objectives into clear, compelling, brand appropriate design
- Hold strong opinions (when needed) and be able to discuss what’s right or wrong to come to an agreed approach
- Propose creative tests to run and optimise your work based on the results
- Drive a culture of creative testing within the team
- Ensure that all work meets or exceeds the quality standards of the agency
- Ensure you follow internal processes, including adherence to Merkle Creative Principles
- Mentor junior designers on projects and in their wider development
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
- Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
- Regular company socials (bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
- On-site Games Room with ping pong and pool table
- The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
- On Friday’s at 4:30pm (aka. Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
- Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)
Merkle | Periscopix are proud to have consistently featured in the Sunday Times Top 100 Small Companies to Work For. We take great pride in this as it’s awarded as a result of employee feedback – we’re committed to maintaining a positive and enjoyable workplace.
- Understanding of paid media formats & digital advertising
- Experience working in a digital creative role
- Experience working in UI
- Expert in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working with Premiere/AfterEffects
- Google Web Designer or similar is a preference
- Experience designing for, or working with, dynamic creative within advertising is a preference
- Passion to learn about performance creative, creative testing and a data driven approach to creative development
- Naturally creative, able to come up with ideas and contribute
- Attention to detail, results oriented, customer focused, team player, excellent time management
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, strong problem-solving skills, exercise sound business judgment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities to align with current business needs
- Focused; a self-starter keen to work in a very fast paced environment
- Experience in designing for advertising is desired but not essential
- Can provide examples of work produced to a brief, ideally with a performance focus
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.