Account Executive (London - Immediate Start)
Founded as an independent media agency in 1996, DWA is headquartered in San Francisco, with eight additional offices in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific employing 150+ employees globally.
In December 2017 we were acquired by Merkle, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network. The move expands the B2B offering at marketing agency Merkle, adding scale and breadth to existing capabilities, and offering brands in the technology and B2B sectors greater sophistication, integrated technology, data, creativity, and outstanding performance marketing. Our approach has delivered success for a diverse group of clients, including Cisco, Citrix, Box, NetApp, Salesforce and Oracle.
The acquisition allows us to have the best of both worlds; locally we retain our independent agency feel, with the backing of a global network - meaning the potential opportunity for career growth is yours for the taking. We foster a culture of ‘Work Hard, Play Hard’, and actively encourage our team members to have, and share opinions.
We also love to connect on a global level with our colleagues from around the world. It sounds cliché but we really are one big happy family.
We’re looking for an energetic and media savvy Account Executive (AE) who is interested in developing their career in media and advertising. The AE will work closely with Account Managers and Account Directors to produce and maintain media plans, whilst building on their existing media knowledge. The role will suit an individual who is used to fast paced work and enjoys working across multiple projects simultaneously. The work is predominantly digital with a focus on Oracle but a 360 media understanding is a plus.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Work closely with the Account Manager to plan, develop, implement and report on client campaigns in EMEA region
- Work with a variety of stakeholders (with the support of the Account Manager): clients, other agencies and internal key stakeholders.
- Work with platform reports to develop actionable insights for clients
- Assist in digital set up with a specialist team
- Account Management
- Coordinate weekly updates on all accounts to be shared via email with the company
- Work closely with media team colleagues to review action item deliverables on a daily basis
- Update client status reports
- Prepare screenshot presentations
- Gather market and media research, and compile competitive spend reports
- Work closely with media and account teams to develop and maintain media plans
- Format, proof, and prepare PowerPoint presentations as needed
- Prepare POVs (point of views) on opportunities presented to us
- Train Interns alongside the Account Manager
- Send thank you notes for gifts and services
- Schedule media owner meetings
- Finance & Profitability
- Prepare media authorizations and maintain updates on PO tracker
- Monitor and reconcile client/vendor billing
- Issue insertion orders (IOs) and change orders (COs)
- Prepare and maintain reconciliation reports, including running reports from adservers to update booking system with current month end activity
- Collect leads from media partners, and organize, scrub, and prepare summaries as needed
- Internal/Vendor Relationships
- Assist in sending vendor RFPs and collect/organize completed RFPs
Qualifications and Experience
· Passion for the advertising industry
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with solid mathematical understanding
· Detail-oriented and organized
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PPT) and ability to adapt to/learn new technologies
· Ability to multitask and prioritize
· Creative and willing to contribute to brainstorming/strategy sessions
· Positive, professional, enthusiastic, and team-oriented attitude
· Related internship/job experience is a huge plus if no previous experience
· Any additional European language is a plus.
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
- An opportunity to involve yourself in our Diversity & Inclusion initiatives, made up of six ‘Pillars’ (Mental health, Women in Leadership, Ethnicity, Religion, Disability and LGBTQ)
- Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
- Regular company socials (including bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, Massaoke and speed boating on the Thames!)
- On-site games room (think ping pong, pool table, and Foosball!)
- The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
- On Fridays at 4:30pm (aka. 4:Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.