Junior Marketing Data Analyst Role - London
Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based marketing', and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we’re growing at a tremendous pace – and have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
Our Analytics Team is hiring across numerous teams and locations. (thanks to some awesome client wins!), we're now hiring in both our Edinburgh and London offices. Although this role is for someone looking to combine a love of data with a passion for digital marketing campaigns. We are also looking for people who want to work in:
- Technical Marketing Analytics https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/MerkleInc/743999703901790-junior-technical-analyst-london-immediate-start
- Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO) https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/MerkleInc/743999703098830-junior-cro-analyst-london-immediate-start
Please only apply for one but feel free to browse them all to see which you are best suited to.
This role is based in our London office, therefore all in-office interviews take place in London.
If you’re a logical, data-driven individual with experience working with a passion for data (either modelling it, analysing it or compiling it) this role could be right for you.
The Insights Team in our Analytics Department are growing. We’re on the lookout for Marketing Data Analysts to help drive performance on our clients marketing campaigns. We are looking for someone to join in the near future (although the start date is yet to be confirmed, due to the current Covid 19 crisis we are currently experiencing globally).
This is an entry level role perfect for a recent graduate, someone whose been an apprentice or been working with data or someone with under a years’ experience.
As a Marketing Data Analyst, you’ll be part of our industry-leading Analytics department. Our data analysts to a variety of tasks. You could be spending your day analysing data from different marketing platforms using the tools we have at our disposal, to create useable insights that can enhance clients marketing strategies. In the role, you will work closely with clients to understand their business needs and provide insight to achieve them using various methods, including web analytics data, media data and an in-depth knowledge of Merkle capabilities. It's important that as a Marketing Data Analyst in this role you have an interest in both collecting, manipulating and analysing data and understanding how media and marketing campaigns work.
What is Digital / Data Analytics?
Digital Analytics can be used simply to measure what’s happening, but its true value arises when the data is used to gain insights in to how the business ticks and to inform improvements to processes and service offerings.
Your role will involve working with data. In terms of tasks, all our data analysts have different tasks, some love organising and manipulating the data, while others prefer analysing it. As a data analyst you could be analysing and generating insight from clients’ data (for example from their websites or their CRM data), with the view to driving positive change across their marketing channels. Your primary sources of data could be Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Google BigQuery and Attribution 360. Or you could be designing and deploying mapped data sets across a client’s marketing channels, analysing and generating insights from their data, and driving positive change across their business. Tools you may use to do this include Datorama and Tableau alongside our own proprietary tools. Don’t worry if you’re not familiar with all of these, as we’ll provide full training, but any previous experience will be looked upon favourably!
You will also have exposure to attribution and get involved with helping clients to gain a better understanding of their media performance and business opportunities.
Life as a Data Analyst
Working with us you could be working on any or all of the below. Our Data Analysts work across a specturm of different tasks within the business be it modelling data, analysing it, manipulating, interpreting, or looking for insights within it to impact marketing campaigns.
Some of the tasks you could be doing involve:
• Have hands on analysis of client data, identifying patterns, insight and action from google tools and marketing stack mentioned above.
• Analyse media data to build data-driven attribution models and other models to support marketing decisions and budget allocation.
• Educate clients as to the different attribution and insights processes and tools used within the different platforms.
• Work with clients to develop their required measurement strategy using Google Analytics and Google Attribution.
• Build a roadmap of analysis projects for your clients and working to deliver against that
• Lead account management, written / face to face contact with clients daily
Career progression is huge to us here at Merkle and we’re keen to nurture and develop our in-house talent, thereby offering the successful candidate a fulfilling and long-lasting career.
We’re mainly looking for someone who loves data and is passionate about digital marketing and having a role that combines both, but we do have a few key things this candidate must have, others are just a bonus:
- A passion for digital marketing and an enthusaiam to use data to help enhance the performance of digital marketing campaigns.
- Either previous work experience, a relevant apprenticeship or a degree from an accredited college or university in Mathematics, Economics or similar.
- Understanding of what data is required to generate insights
- A curious mind-set and a desire to interrogate data
- The ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- An aptitude to interpret data to understand how it can be optimised and how it fits into the wider marketing mix.
- An ability to engage clients, capable of instigating and monitoring change management within an organisation.
- Logical thinker
- Excellent attent to detail
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Skills that would be a bonus:
- Experience working with code or modelling practises.
· Experience with SQL, R or Python
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
Make sure to blow us away with your in-depth research before your first interview!
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
We suggest you apply at your earliest convenience (make sure you’ve done your research!) as our roles are always very popular and do fill quickly. We hire on a first-come basis.
This role is based in our London office, therefore all in-office interviews take place in London. Please be aware, we also have an office in Edinburgh which is hiring so if you are interested in Edinburgh instead of London please apply to that role. You can only apply to one.
The Interview Process
Firstly, we suggest you apply at your earliest convenience (make sure you’ve done your research!) as our roles are always very popular and do fill quickly. We hire on a first-come basis.
In this position, you will be focusing on data and media data so we will want to see a passion and enthusiasm for this particular area. This interest can be showcased in your research and ability to go above and beyond when looking into this area.
TIP: When you're doing research maybe pick out some key terms or sections in this job spec that your not aware of an give them a google!
· Application – When you apply you will be asked a couple of questions to showcase your interest in working in data analysis within the media industry. It's key that your aware this role isn't just for someone who wants to work in data. It's for someone who wants to use data to enhance the online marketing performance of our clients campaigns and websites.
· Video Interview – If your application is successful you will be asked to complete a video interview (they sound scarier than they are, we promise!). The video interview is a great way for us to get to know more about you and your knowledge and recent research. Think about looking into the tools mentioned above, key terminology, metrics, platforms, industry trends etc. Reseearch will be key!
· In Office Interview - If successful after a video interview then you would progress to the in-office interview. This is a chance for you to come to the office, meet us in person, learn more about the company and showcase your skills, passion and research in person.
· Final Interview – If you reach the final interview, you will be asked to put together an Analytics presentation, based off a pretend client brief.
Throughout the entire process we will be wanting to learn more about you as an individual (your interests, skills and understanding of the role), your passion for this area and the research you’ve done. Don’t focus on the nerves, make sure you come prepared and ensure you interview us as well! At the end of the day you’ll be with us 5 days a week, so you want to make sure its somewhere you want to work to.
If you have any special requirements or needs throughout the interview process, please let us know so we can accommodate these.
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
· Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
· Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
· Regular company socials (bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
· On-site Games Room with ping pong and pool table
· The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
· On Friday’s at 4:30pm (aka. Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
· Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)
To be honest, the best way to learn about what it's like to be part of Merkle is to check out our social media pages at @MerkleUK!
The Analytics team partner closely with Google and Adobe and are regular beta testers gaining first access to new features. We also provide an extensive training program leading to certifications in our core platforms.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.