Junior Technical Analyst - London - Immediate start
Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based marketing', and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we’re growing at a tremendous pace – and have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
As an Analyst in our Solutions team you will get hands on experience with different analytics, ad tech and marketing tools to drive insight and performance for our clients. On any given day, you could be working with a global ecommerce brand in the morning and a local services consultancy in the afternoon. You will be involved end-to-end from assessing client requirements & crafting measurement solutions through to implementing tracking in a range of platforms such as Google Tag Manager, Tealium and Adobe Launch.
This role offers a perfect balance of client interaction, critical thinking and hands-on coding.
Life as a member of the Analytics Solutions Team
You will get your hands dirty from day one as you begin our fantastic training programme. In hardly any time, you’ll be an expert in our field and your role will cover the full spectrum of technical solutions work:
· Devising tracking and reporting frameworks that provide data to a wide range of digital platforms, including Google Analytics, DoubleClick and Data Management Platforms (DMPs)
· Implementation of these plans using tag management tools such as Google Tag Manager, Tealium and Adobe Launch
· Liaison with our client’s developers to implement on-site data layers that support our data collection activities
· Working with APIs and developing scripts to integrate datasets and build reporting & visualisation tools
· Support of A/B testing build work using customer experience optimization tools such as Optimizely, Optimize and VWO
· Hands on analysis of our client’s data to surface actionable insight regarding their website and marketing performance
· Building and maintaining client relationships through day-to-day account management, both written and via face to face contact
· Working autonomously and as a team, with time management a critical attribute
Career progression is huge to us here at Merkle and we’re keen to nurture and develop each individual, so they build a long-lasting career with us.
What you MUST have:
· Friendly and engaging personality
· Excellent presentation and communication skills
· The ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
· Logical thinker
· Good attention to detail
What’s an added bonus:
· Background developing websites or applications is desirable but not required. We just want to see a passion or all things tech!
· GA is our primary tool of choice so knowledge of the platform is great, but not required (you can always do research before the interview!).
Essentially, we’re looking for intelligent, data-loving, coding obsessed, logical candidates!
We welcome new joiners from all backgrounds; you can be freshly graduated, someone with an apprenticeship or a person looking for a change of career. We're open to anyone whose passionate about analytics and Coding, who can display that passion and research throughout the interview process.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
The Interview Process
Firstly, we suggest you apply at your earliest convenience (make sure you’ve done your research!) as our roles are always very popular and do fill quickly. We hire on a first-come basis.
In this position, you will be focusing solely on Technical Analytics so we will want to see a passion and enthusiasm for this particular area. This interest can be showcased in your research and ability to go above and beyond when looking into this area.
· Application – When you apply you will be asked a couple of questions to showcase your interest in Analytics.
· Video Interview – If your application is successful you will be asked to complete a video interview (they sound scarier than they are, we promise!). The video interview is a chance for us to get to know more about you and your knowledge and recent research. Think about looking into Google analytics, tools, platforms, metrics etc
· In Office Interview - If successful after a video interview then you would progress to the in-office interview. This is a chance for you to come to the office, meet us in person, learn more about the company and showcase your skills, passion and research in person. You will also be given a coding test so you can showcase your coding ability.
· Final Interview – If you reach the final interview, you will be asked to put together an Analytics presentation, based off a pretend client brief.
Throughout the entire process we will be wanting to learn more about you as an individual (your interests, skills and understanding of the role), your passion for this area and the research you’ve done. Don’t focus on the nerves, make sure you come prepared and ensure you interview us as well! At the end of the day you’ll be with us 5 days a week, so you want to make sure its somewhere you want to work to.
If you have any special requirements or needs throughout the interview process, please let us know so we can accommodate these.
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
· Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
· Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
· Regular company socials (bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
· On-site Games Room with ping pong and pool table
· The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
· On Friday’s at 4:30pm (aka. Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
· Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)
To be honest, the best way to learn about what it's like to be part of Merkle is to check out our social media pages at @MerkleUK!
The Analytics team partner closely with Google and Adobe and are regular beta testers gaining first access to new features. We also provide an extensive training program leading to certifications in our core platforms.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.