Senior Manager Client Solution
About Dentsu Aegis Network
Part of Dentsu Inc., Dentsu Aegis Network is made up of ten global network brands Carat, Dentsu, dentsu X, iProspect, Isobar, mcgarrybowen, Merkle, MKTG, Posterscope and Vizeum and supported by its specialist/multi-market brands. Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands Are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in Media, Digital and Creative Communications services. Offering a distinctive and innovative range of products and services, Dentsu Aegis Network is headquartered in London and operates in 145 countries worldwide with more than 40,000 dedicated specialists.
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global Performance Marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading non-profit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive People-based Marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The job holders of this role will use their broad marketing, technical and data analysis skills, business and industry knowledge, and an understanding of business processes to identify client needs for quantitative analysis and translate these needs to their team.
The Senior Managers will have regular direct client exposure, but more senior personnel should be aware/informed in case oversight is needed. They should serve as a resource within their area of expertise, and provide guidance to more junior team members, both technically and with a business focus. They may also provide informal guidance / mentoring to others at or below their level.
The Senior Managers will develop and/or communicate strategy to implement the objectives of the organization (client and Merkle) and guides others in linking their activities to the objectives. They will evaluate client needs. They will participate in creating and articulating relevant solutions for clients and in developing methods or processes for implementation. They'll also able to recognize opportunities to expand the business and bring it to those responsible for Sales.
· Consult with the client to identify client business problems, clarify objectives, establish priorities, create practical roadmaps, identify needs and formulate solutions, drive and execute analysis, package and present insights to stake holders, and finally, help implement recommended solutions with a goal to achieve client’s business objectives, including design solutions for new problems which not faced before
· Charged with delivering practical and actionable recommendations based upon marketing intelligence generated through conducting customer behavior study, portfolio diagnostics, competitive analysis and industry economics research
· Responsible for defining a comprehensive measurement framework, develop effective reporting and dashboards with an objective to evaluate marketing performance and provide recommendations for enhancement
· Work cross-functionally throughout the organization to implement client solution recommendations; manage team and project tasks, timelines and deliverables (on time and accurately)
· Responsible for ensuring the quality of outputs in what would be expected from a top-class consulting firm
· Anticipate project risk and constraints and proactively work on solutions to address the risk/constraints
· Lead a team to complete large complex project end to end
· Support Sales by providing solution scope/methodology/level of efforts/pricing and giving Sales presentations as part of SOW development / RFP response
· Stay informed of advancements in industry trends and developing technology
· Proactively apply entrepreneurial spirit in identifying opportunities to introduce, enhance and improve Merkle's CRM, performance marketing solutions, analytical tools, data mining techniques and processes, ensuring Merkle is always at the forefront of the industry
· Demonstrate thought leadership; develop best practices, case studies, training class materials, whitepapers/blog posts, and/or present at industry conferences; 50/50 guided by others and based on their own initiative
· Package selected interim and final deliverables for later re-use by other Merkle teams, including rationale for why options/tactics were chosen (i.e., provides metadata for the documents)
· Manage and mentor junior analysts, contributing to their technical and career development
· Own one or multiple client relationships or digital capability area with minimal support
· Develop, write, and present strategic recommendations and projects that directly address clients' toughest questions. Participate in brainstorming sessions that identify new marketing opportunities for clients
· Deliver projects on time
· Deliver quality work
· Manage junior team members to deliver projects correctly and on time
· Proactive and responsive communication that results in team/client alignment
· Client Satisfaction
· Team engagement and retention
· Develop a high performing team
Key Skills and Experience
· Working knowledge of Customer Relationship Marketing (CRM), Digital Marketing, MarTech and Performance Media
· Working knowledge of database system is a plus
· Skills in BI or digital analytics tools (Tableau; Micro strategy, Adobe analytics, Google analytics, DMP insight tools)
· Strong in MS Office core suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required: Access, Visio; recommended One Note
· Should be able to effectively communicate and mange projects and clients
· Create a practical analytic work plan in response to a strategically defined learning agenda and complex client business challenges
· Actively manage client expectations and project priorities
· Intermediate Project Management skills
· Ability to create robust analytics solutions to optimize marketing investments
· Ability to consolidate and package up insights, solution outputs, and action items into a well-organized, consumable package
· Ability to translate solution insights into actionable recommendations and strategies for marketers
· Ability to explain/present complicated CRM, Performance Marketing and data analytical methodology and results to clients
· Development of specific expertise areas (ex. within digital analytics, measurement, industry vertical, etc.) and sharing of that expertise through MU classes, white papers, articles, conference presentations, etc.
· Recognized as an emerging thought leader in a specific marketing analytics area
· Client management experience for solution deliverables
· Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) or equivalent in Marketing, Economics and Management, IT, Statistics, Math or related scientific/quantitative field plus several years' experience in applied disciplines; Advanced degree (M.A., MBA, M.S., Ph.D.) preferred
· Minimum of 5+ years of experience in CRM, Quantitative Marketing arena, in Database and/or Digital (addressable) Marketing
· Contribute to innovation, process improvement, standardization
· Deliver high-quality solutions on time
· Develop project plan (work plan); manage individual/team day-to-day tasks; meet project deadlines
· Work effectively across teams to ensure client satisfaction
· Engage, manage and lead a team
· Recruit, hire, develop and retain "A" players
· Deliver constructive feedback to employees and hold difficult conversations with direct reports
· Support resource deployment/re-deployment to be able to staff and adapt to resourcing challenges
This job description is a summary of the essential functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description. Other duties, as assigned by the supervisor, might be part of the job.