Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to join our global IT team to help support a growing global infrastructure, providing Tier 2 support for our global infrastructure including solutions within the EMEA region. Critical to this role will be a proven experience of VMware vSphere environment management, and infrastructure management within both the server and virtualisation space.
The ideal candidate will have proven enterprise-level VMware experience, to be able to manage and support services on our hosting platform, along with a good knowledge of RHEL or Centos Linux. You will also be required to have a good understanding of both virtual and physical networking technologies, although this will not be a core part of the role.
You will be required to join the Global on-call Rota.
Life as an Infrastructure Engineer at Merkle
The Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for providing Tier 2 support for infrastructure within the Merkle Managed Hosting environment.
The individual must be able to assess the scope and impact of incidents and services requests and respond with an appropriate sense of urgency following all applicable policies and procedures, keep up to date on industry trends and deliver the highest level of customer service possible.
You will work in a team to deliver support, share information and collaborate with other team members. Suitable candidates must possess a strong dedication to quality customer service, excellent follow through, attention to detail and a drive to be part of a larger team and engage with broad Corporate IT challenges and initiatives.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Troubleshooting and technical support of enterprise-class systems regarding ITIL/ITSM processes/practices, while maintaining compliance with all company policies, procedures and standards
- Provide incident and service request support for assigned Information Technology platforms which include Windows Server, LINUX, Storage, Networking, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Plan, coordinate and execute change management activities
- Ensure that all solutions are aligned with IT standards and best practices
- Provide high level of customer service to all levels of the organisation
- Manage and prioritize multiple incidents and service requests while adapting to changing business conditions
- Document standard operating procedures for repeatable tasks
- Provide input to automation efforts
- Act as an escalation point for incidents and service requests not resolved in the Tier 1 organisation.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- Free breakfast & fruit
- Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
- Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
- A selection of other industry standard benefits
What we are looking for in you
It is anticipated the candidate will have circa 5 years experience in:
- VMware/vSphere 6.5
- RHEL/Centos Linux 6.x/7.x
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012R2 / 2016
Highly Desirable/Desirable skills required:
- Dell PowerEdge servers/storage (Desirable)
- Cisco UCS Blades/Chassis/Fabric Interconnects (Desirable)
- Experience of iSCSI based storage (Desirable)
- A good understanding of TCP/ IP networking (Desirable)
- Experience of automated software deployment (Microsoft SCCM/SCOM) (Desirable)
- Experience or ability to learn cloud-based infrastructure and platform solutions
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.