Receptionist and Office Assistant
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
Merkle, headquartered in the States, have focused on expansion by acquiring businesses internationally and by joining the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the largest Global media companies, in 2016. This has offered us opportunity to further expand our growth and services in the MENA region. The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle EMEA and MENA.
Merkle is a rapidly growing company with over 2000 employees in Europe. You will be based between our London offices in Bermondsey and St Katharine Docks – a 10-minute walk between the two.
You will be a key member of the team working with the Head of Facilities and Front of house team to ensure the smooth running of the offices, as well as being the main point of contact on reception.
We are looking for someone who has previous experience of working in a busy environment and who is a ready to hit the ground running and is a keen problem solver. Initially you will be joining and learning the systems and processes we currently use with the view to support in the Head of Facilities with leading the team.
Life as a Receptionist and Office Assistant at Merkle
- The main point of contact on reception including meeting and greeting all visitors.
- Answering the mainline phone number and directing calls accordingly.
- Maintaining and organising over 27 meeting rooms and a large auditorium across both sites which includes daily meeting room checks, prepping meeting rooms and organising lunch deliveries for various meetings.
- Working with all levels of staff and across departments to ensure smooth running of the offices.
- Management and maintenance of the office environment, identifying and organising repairs/maintenance/cleaning etc.
- Setting up of new employee desks ensuring all day one equipment is ready before they arrive.
- Administrative support for wider office teams.
- Co-ordinating deliveries and post for all departments.
- Support in the organisation of company events e.g. Social activities (monthly socials and company-wide lunches), large group meetings, celebrations etc.
- Stock taking and ordering of office supplies.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
· Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
· Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
· Free breakfast, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
· Discounted Gym Membership
· Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
· Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
· A selection of other industry standard benefits
What we are looking for in you
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual, who thrives in a busy working environment and is a keen problem solver. We’re a friendly bunch and we hope you are too! You’ll be the face of our organisation for all people stepping through our front doors, it’s therefore essential you’re a natural at meeting and greeting all visitors into our office. It is anticipated that the sucessful candidate will have circa 3 years' experience in a recent similar role and degree educated is desirable. Experience managing a team is also a plus!
You will be working closely with the current Senior Office Manager. An open-minded approach and readiness to tackle any challenge, no matter how big or small, is important.
As the role is varied and fast paced, you’ll be highly organised with a can do attitude. You will also be a key member of the team and first point of contact for staff as well as visitors. As no day will ever be the same you will need to be exceptionally organised, extremely proactive and a real self-starter not afraid to use your initiative!
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.