Technical SEO Senior Associate
In 2015, Periscopix were thrilled to join the Merkle organisation as part of their drive to become a worldwide leader in tailored data-driven digital marketing. Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. Merkle, headquartered in the States, have focused on expansion by acquiring businesses internationally and by joining the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the largest Global media companies, in 2016. This has offered us opportunity to further expand our growth and services.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in the UK. Having grown at a tremendous pace, our workforce is now split between two open-planned, modern London offices (London Bridge and St. Katharine Docks). It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
Merkle are looking for an experienced Senior Technical SEO Associate with strong technical SEO experience within agency or similar. The candidate will be working closely with the senior technical lead to ensure the standards of technical SEO work are kept to the highest level across the wider SEO team. A typical day will include completing technical SEO work and performing QA of deliverables. We’re also looking for someone who is comfortable training generalist SEOs to boost their tech skills.
Together with the tech team, the candidate will help Merkle keep the edge in the technical SEO field and experiment new solutions to stay ahead of the curve, including learning new or developing existing skills in APIs, Python and methods of enhancing work processes. Curiosity and proactive experimenting are key, as the successful candidate will be asked to organise technical challenges to keep the team interested in tech SEO and test everyone’s progress and abilities.
- Produce Merkle standard recommendations that deliver value to our clients
- Help wider SEO team develop their tech skills
- Keep up to date with industry updates and new techniques
- Contribute in solving complex SEO problems for websites across different platforms and markets
- Carry out training and workshops for junior associates
- Mentor junior associates
- Help to prepare presentations and potentially speak at conferences
- Help to develop new methods of analysis and data collection
A few of the benefits
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
- Regular company socials (including bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
- On-site Games Room with ping pong and pool table
- The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
- On Friday’s at 4:30pm (Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
- Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)
- Curiosity and drive to learn new skills
- Pro-active attitude
- Good knowledge of SEO Tools such as Google Search Console, Screaming Frog, DeepCrawl
- Understanding the prioritisation of SEO work based on impact vs resources needed
- High level of competence using Analytics platforms including Google and Adobe
- Interested in working with large scale corporate sites
- Have an understanding on the different type of servers
- We anticipate the successful candidate will have circa 2-4+ years’ experience of hands on SEO
- Basic coding experience as well as a passion for coding and development
- Prior usage of logfiles for SEO analysis
Nice to have but not necessary
- Familiarity in working with popular JS frameworks such as Angular, React and Vue.js and their impact on SEO
- Understanding of cloud servers
- Understanding of web-hosting
- Understanding of different CMSs and CDNs
- Experience in International SEO
Experience in regional search engines Baidu, Seznam and Naver
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.