Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
We are seeking an FP&A Analyst to join our growing Finance function. This is an integral role in the business, working as a conduit between the finance and operations teams and the wider business. This is an exciting time to be joining Merkle as we move towards fully integrating with Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Financial Planning and Analysis Function drives Merkle’s financial monthly and quarterly forecast process, annual budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis and special projects. This role also provides business support to the wider Operations and Finance teams, ensuring transparency and clarity in all reporting. This function acts as the analytical engine of the finance organisation to provide insights and support ‘optimal’ business decision making.
The suitable candidate will have finance / ops experience in a prior role and a passion for commercial business partnering, seeking a fast-paced environment.
Life as a FP&A Analyst at Merkle
Your technical skills and experience are as important to us as your passion and attitude to helping make a difference in the Finance team and the business. Your ability to interact with the client delivery teams in the business, earn their trust and be their go to person for finance/commercial support will be essential. Your role will include the following:
- Work with Head of FP&A for AS and wider Finance functions to provide information to client teams on revenue, margin, timesheet and cost data for them to be able to influence client profitability.
- Assist in the month end internal reporting back to the business, discussing breakdown of results and variances to forecast
- Support in the production and development of both Excel and Dashboard reporting to deliver the commercial and business updates. This will include working with the Salesforce and Project teams
- Pulling of data to support business unit leaders with team planning, client development, commercial negotiation or other ad hoc business requirements.
- Support in updating internal tools for teams to accurately forecast and plan for their teams.
- Maintain internal database of key client information including contract end dates, resourcing agreements, pricing etc.
- Act as a Business Partner supporting the delivery functions and team leads of the business, helping to instill good practices around gross margin management and improvement, client profitability and other financial measures
- Further cost control and report building around Travel & Expenses and SG&A Function costs.
- Help setup and deliver the continued development of budgeting, financial forecasting, operating plan and modelling tools
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- Free breakfast, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
- Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
- Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
- A selection of other industry standard benefits
- It is anticipated the appropriate candidate will have circa 1-2 years prior experience in a finance or FP&A role, from a fast-paced environment focused on delivering client work
- Experience of the Marketing Services/ Digital industry desirable
- Skilled at Microsoft Excel (VLook Ups, Pivots etc)
- Highly organised, with a high standard accuracy and precision
- Highly articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Driven and self-motivated, with a passion to seek the best solution, think creatively, better the output and demonstrate good stakeholder management
- Willingness to really roll your sleeves up and get involved with team members in a highly dynamic business
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time. Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.