Paid Search Manager
Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based marketing', and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we’re growing at a tremendous pace – and have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
As part of our rapid expansion, we’re excited to announce that we’re now on the lookout for individuals to join our brand new office in Edinburgh. A vibrant and exciting city; we’re delighted to be setting up a base in Scotland filled with innovative, forward-thinkers who can shape our success up North.
We’re looking for someone passionate about Paid Search to help develop our growing team and continue to push the boundaries on what’s possible with the Google Ads, Microsoft Ads and Amazon platforms! Our team works across a varied portfolio of clients of all shapes, industries and sizes, and we work very closely with the major search engines to remain at the cutting edge of our field. We’re looking for people who are geeks (and proud), have experience managing high-performing individuals and who want to be positive disruptors in our industry.
This role gives you responsibility for overseeing delivery of high quality paid search campaigns across your own client portfolio, as well as managing and developing your own team. It requires an understanding of general marketing principles as well as business acumen to support understanding of our clients and the digital marketing space. It supports the development and execution of strategic and tactical initiatives designed to successfully achieve our clients’ goals. The role is diverse and requires the individual to efficiently prioritise and manage multiple work streams at once, effectively communicate with clients, direct reports and more senior colleagues, and have an ability to continuously self-educate in this dynamic digital marketing space.
Life as a Paid Search Manager at Merkle
- Understand client objectives and design paid search strategy aimed at achieving them
- Industry, client and competitive research
- Bid management, budget allocation, forecasting, performance monitoring, strategic testing and campaign expansion
- Data manipulation and interpretation for campaign analysis, using actionable insights to improve performance through optimization
- Manage a team of up to 5, including capacity and resourcing, goal setting, performance reviews, coaching and knowledge sharing
- Daily engagement and collaboration with internal teams, search engine partners and client teams
A few of the benefits
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
- Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
- Regular company socials (including bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
- The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
- On Friday’s at 4:30pm (Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
- Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)
What we are looking for in you
- Experience in Paid Search at account manager level
- Experience managing and motivating teams of paid search executives
- Familiarity with Google Ads and Microsoft Ads platforms.
- Whilst not essential, experience using SA360, Amazon, international search engines (e.g. Baidu, Yandex, Naver) or other search management platforms is preferred.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.