Client Partner - Senior Director
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
Due to client growth, we are seeking a new Client Partner to join our Client Services team to cohesively offer and build more integrated offerings to our clients across the Merkle capabilities set. This is a strategic client growth role requiring a deep knowledge of marketing technology solutions.
In this role, you will focus on 1-2 key Marketing Solutions client accounts where there is an opportunity to grow our offering across various service lines. Working closely with the existing team to understand the customer landscape and our solution, you will identify new strategic opportunities for the client demonstrating the value this will bring to them.
The suitable candidate will have a strong background in CRM and data, digital media and marketing technologies (anticipated circa 7-10+ years’ experience) with significant demonstrable experience of growing client accounts and cross selling opportunities in the marketing technologies space.
This role requires the ability to work across our marketing technology, customer experience, campaign delivery and data strategy teams. Whilst you will not be a deep dive expert in all these areas you will have the ability to thread these components together to drive growth on your clients. This person would lead and be expected to engage across our capability leads driving value add to clients and revenue growth for Merkle so must have a commercially focused outlook.
Life as a Client Partner at Merkle
- The Client Partner is an invaluable and extended member of the client’s team. You should expect to be onsite at the client’s offices at least 50% of your time, with the client requesting more once they see the value of your services
- Passion for the customer and data must be what gets you up in the morning. This is the cornerstone to deliver people based marketing. Driving this platform is key to the success of this role.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn and be an expert in all elements of people-based marketing is a must. You are not a subject matter expert, but you are a connector to the broader Merkle teams and must be excited at bringing new capabilities to your clients.
- People should want to work on your clients. You’re driving change and innovation for your client AND within the Merkle business; which makes your teams an exciting place to grow careers.
- Client satisfaction is the most important metric, truly happy clients trust you with more work. You are actively challenging the client and bringing new opportunities as their partner.
- You should be comfortable getting into detail of the existing solution when required but also leading a pitch for a new opportunity
- We operate in a fast moving, ever changing category. Technology, media and client expectations move daily. The client partner is an avid industry news reader and seeks opportunities to expand their knowledge in the people-based marketing space.
- You are commercially responsible for growth and margin and see this as an integral part of your role. Profitability is critical and you must always on top of your book of business.
- Finally, you will be excited by sales. This role is not about managing a client, but growing your clients through new services. This must be a craving, not a job to be done. Your KPIs are clear around revenue, margin contribution and growth. To deliver that, you must be a sales orientated individual.
A few of the benefits
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- Free breakfast & fruit
- Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
- Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
- A selection of other industry standard benefits
- Significant experience (we anticipate circa 7-10 years) working with marketing technologies, tools, databases, cloud based solutions, data and digital.
- Within this, strong evidence of your ability to grow client accounts and cross sell opportunities to increase revenue.
- Ideally bring experience of the Adtech and digital space (DMP, Programmatic etc).
- Experience from a managed service, well versed in commercial pricing and models.
- A trusted partner to clients who see you as their go to person to deliver all their needs.
- Attention to detail and a focus on delivery as well as your commercials.
- Motivated, self-starters need only apply. Merkle is a fast paced and challenging organisation. You must not wait for solutions; the expectation is that you deliver them.
- Proactivity and salesmanship is critical to this role. You are not managing a client, you are building a strategic platform for your client and driving Merkle value add into the client’s business.
- Active listening is the difference between a Client Partner and the role of an Account Manager. Active listening means knowing the difference between a request from the client and motivation of the ask, which is often a far more strategic challenge. Knowing when to challenge the request and/or delve deeper into what is being asked is critical and ensure Merkle is a strategic partner aligned and delivering against the client’s business strategy.
- Natural curiosity and openness, with a big dose of fun, is what will make you successful. The solutions we deliver are big and the strategies behind them can be exhausting, so knowing how to have fun will go a long way and ensure you’re a leader in this highly competitive client marketplace.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time. Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.